Career Path > Getting in

Commercial Power Outage HP Work - How to get back in?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Randy Redmond:

Dang Marlin, I thought I was getting old :-)  Never worked IP...…...must have been my twin.

GLW:

--- Quote from: Randy Redmond on Aug 08, 2018, 08:50 ---Dang Marlin, I thought I was getting old :-)  Never worked IP...…...must have been my twin.

--- End quote ---

this (disremembering) has become a recurring diegeses in the Marlin storylines of late,....

:P ;) :) 8) ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL [Flamer]

scotoma:
WOW! 30 years. I don't know what commercial plants that you worked back then, but the people that you worked with may be retired, relocated, or moved into management. BHI and DZ Atlantic are the big contractor players, but there are some other companies as well. You can go to the Employers list on this website and call. They will tell you what you need. Commercial Nuclear has change a lot in 30 years. Deregulation, tighter security, fitness for duty, documented training, NE exam, performance goals, performance bonuses, shorter outages, dry fuel storage, etc. Outages are much more intense, but I have worked with techs in their 60s and 70s who were quite capable of keeping up. Congress changed the tax laws as well. Good luck.

Al Eidson:
Randy- You will do fine getting back in. The pay is still about the same as when you left (maybe worse in comparison). I think this fall is busy and should be plenty opportunities. I think I will just stay on the couch this fall. Good luck.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: Randy Redmond on Aug 08, 2018, 08:50 ---Dang Marlin, I thought I was getting old :-)  Never worked IP...…...must have been my twin.

--- End quote ---

Hmmmm... it has been awhile 30 years and thousands of people. I went to a sub reunion and it took a long time to remember who and what with all the strange faces I no longer recognized but spent a lot of time with many years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version