Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Commercial Power Outage HP Work - How to get back in? honeypot

Author Topic: Commercial Power Outage HP Work - How to get back in?  (Read 12306 times)

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Re: Commercial Power Outage HP Work - How to get back in?
« Reply #25 on: Aug 08, 2018, 05:51 »
"81 & 82"? Did you guys use Wooden Dosimeters back in those years?
Wooden dosimeters were for those who couldn't do the math fast enough to jump gennies at 60R/hr.
I can't remember working with Randy, but welcome back my friend.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

tagline

« Reply #26 on: Aug 08, 2018, 06:57 »
dosimeters? Are you sure we used those Roger. You ever wonder what your life time exposure really is?

Thank God they stopped the 5N-18 for Dose. I would have been out of work a long time ago.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #27 on: Aug 09, 2018, 11:59 »
Thank God they stopped the 5N-18 for Dose. I would have been out of work a long time ago.
back in da day, u.c. was considered part of the personal a.l.a.r.a. program
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Randy Redmond

• Light User
« Reply #28 on: Aug 09, 2018, 12:18 »
The memory is the second thing to go...

I would say the last place I worked with Randy was Calvert Cliffs (or was it Oconee?) but that would probably be wrong, too.

Roger - I think it was Oconee.  Worked with you at Calvert Cliffs too.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #29 on: Aug 09, 2018, 04:56 »
Roger - I think it was Oconee.  Worked with you at Calvert Cliffs too.
I was pretty sure it was both after giving it more thought... and Oconee was after Calvert so...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

jasonertter

« Reply #30 on: Aug 11, 2018, 12:41 »
If you're interested in contract work overseas, I can get you connected - depending on what type of work you've done, roles you have held, etc.

If you want to focus on domestic outage work, I've worked at DZ and a big chunk of BHI's recruiting team are former coworkers of mine as well. If nothing else, I can email your resume over to their recruiters.

Shoot me a message on here, or send me an email and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Jason
j.ertter@thomas-thor.com

Offline Randy Redmond

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: Aug 11, 2018, 04:46 »
If you're interested in contract work overseas, I can get you connected - depending on what type of work you've done, roles you have held, etc.

If you want to focus on domestic outage work, I've worked at DZ and a big chunk of BHI's recruiting team are former coworkers of mine as well. If nothing else, I can email your resume over to their recruiters.

Shoot me a message on here, or send me an email and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Jason
j.ertter@thomas-thor.com

Thanks Jason.  Not interested in anything overseas.  My wife will kill me...………I think...……heck, she may like me to go.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #32 on: Aug 12, 2018, 07:57 »
yins get inn sum ware yet?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?