Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Former & Current DoE Workers - Occupational Illness Compensation

Author Topic: Former & Current DoE Workers - Occupational Illness Compensation  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Touche

• Light User
A chemist sent a Dept. of Labor news release to me wondering if it applied to me or anyone I knew; I thought the best way to disseminate was through Nukeworker.

There are possible compensations and/or medical benefits for those experiencing illnesses from exposure to radiation or other toxic substances (e.g., beryllium or silica). The DoL Website also mentions work sites such as Paducah, Portsmouth, and Oak Ridge. Carefully read the benefits page on the DoL Website for specifics.

The news release:  https://www.dol.gov/newsroom/releases/owcp/owcp20180730   The DoL Website:  https://www.dol.gov/owcp/energy/

NOTE:  This post is not intended to provoke a discussion about the biological effects of radiation exposure; my intent is to pass along info to those who may have a legitimate claim. That bears repeating, a legitimate claim.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Typically, the claims are awarded for beryllium and asbestos exposure.  The claim process (and the inevitable challenge and re-filing with more documentation) can be difficult.  There was a lady posting on here that would help people with the process.  Do a search for her posts, if you think this applies to you.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018, 12:10 by Rennhack »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?