Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu FFD negative test honeypot

Author Topic: FFD negative test  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Bella Mia

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
FFD negative test
« on: Sep 07, 2018, 05:30 »
I tested negative .012 after 4 hours per procedure. My access was terminated and counseling was required to EAP. This was out of procedure and the NRC was contacted. They advised that the procedure was misinterpreted and I should file a compliant with employee concerns which I did. . Company legal has not responded. Has anyone heard of access being terminated for a negative test. The counselors said its the first they ever had and I should seek legal action against the company.  My concern is the PADS gap. 
How do I get PADS corrected since it shows a gap in access?

tagline

Re: FFD negative test
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2018, 07:34 »
I am by no means an FFD Expert. The battle will be you against the company. You will need an attorney for sure. Good luck finding an attorney that will take the case. Did you offer or did they offer for you to give a confirmation blood test? I know you are saying "the procedure was misinterpreted". You are also saying that your access was terminated. Where you a permanent employee or a contractor? Were you terminated from your job? Was this pre-access? Was this for cause? Was it random? Do you have a Union worth its own salt that will help you? Good luck, you are in for a long tough battle, unless someone really screwed up.

TVA

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2018, 08:52 »
The NRC cannot and will not ever say a utility procedure was misinterpreted. The utility can make the procedure as conservative as they want

atomicarcheologist

« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2018, 11:53 »
Start interviewing Labor Lawyers. Find one that is highly confident he will win your suit and has a basis with which you agree. Get out your checkbook, you will need it.

Offline Bella Mia

• Very Lite User
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2018, 10:29 »
It was a random test. I am a current employee and was not terminated. A NRC reviewed my case and re verified with its own FFD team that the procedure was misinterpreted. I just want PADS to show I wasn’t denied access. The NRC rep said by misinterpreting the procedure by the company questions the integrity of the whole program. They question how many tim s more did they misinterprete with people on a second strike and were terminated. My mangers are backing me 100%. They even said to get a lawyer.

tagline

« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2018, 11:15 »
Just make sure you request and retain any and all documentation associated with this issue. Dates and times speaking with anyone associated with this. I wish you the best of luck. When it comes down to it, "you are on an island all by yourself" in this battle.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #6 on: Sep 09, 2018, 01:04 »
so either everyone else is lying or broadzilla is wrong...again.

TVA

« Reply #7 on: Sep 09, 2018, 04:27 »
I am never wrong. The NRC will never say you have interpreted your procedure wrong.
You can always be more conservative than the law.
They dont care and they dont care about FFD unless you dont meet the law.
Best one can do is appeal but that only applies in house.
Thats the way it is.

TVA

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2018, 04:29 »
Your managers never said that except in the context if you feel wronged get a lawyer.

Offline Bella Mia

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2018, 05:43 »
employee concerns read the procedure and agrees that it was misinterpreted. He sent a letter to company legal stating that and wants them to look into the concern. I have all dates, conversations time stamped. Legal will side with the best interest of the company. I’m prepared to contact a lawyer once they make a decision. Also contact the media as a whistle blower on a procedure violation.

Offline nowhereman

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2018, 06:13 »
As I read your post, you had .012 bac after 4 hours on the clock?  Maybe some concern should be why you still have alcohol in your system after driving to work, walking the 1/4 mile to your office.  Only the MRO is responsible to interpret and provide referral to EAP.
As a general rule utilties will use a .01 bac/ hr removal rate, which is more conservative than the medical community which will use .015 or .016 bac/hr.  As you said you are still employed, take that as a blessing. Or get a lawyer and argue the semantics of the procedure. Next time call in or revisit the idea of drinking.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2018, 06:58 »
never wrong...wow...that says it all.  I can't even believe this person still has a job in nuclear power, you know, since it is dead and all.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #12 on: Sep 09, 2018, 09:59 »
..... Also contact the media as a whistle blower on a procedure violation.

that I would not do (if it were me),...

you're gonna trust some media outlet to somehow not twist your circumstance into one of two scenarios:

1) local nuke plant procedure allows drunks to operate the nuke plant

or

2) local drunk expected to be allowed to return to work and operate local nuke plant

I just don't see the story coming out the way you might hope it would,...

but, the lawyer idea has merit,...

I'm just saying,.... :-\

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #13 on: Sep 10, 2018, 08:14 »
A lot of this does not make sense. The NRC usually will just state what the regulation is and not interpret any company procedure. I believe that limit for alcohol by NRC regs is 0.04 BAC. If you tested 0.012 and had already been on site for 4 hours, they back calculate your BAC to when you came on site and determine what your BAC was at that time. If it was over 0.04, then they terminate your access. If it is your first offense and you are an employee, you are offered an opportunity to attend a rehabilitation program. Upon successful completion, your access is restored. If you are a contractor, you are usually terminated. This has been my experience at several utilities. If you are full time employee, go to HR and verify the facts. If you are a contractor or temporary employee, good luck. In any case, you will probably have to rehabilitate.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Sep 10, 2018, 09:28 »
Taint too awful keen at cyphering. I knows dat da ln of 2 = .69315 and dat .012 + 4(.01) = 0.052. A 0.052 at least on paper, is bigger dan 0.04.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #15 on: Sep 11, 2018, 12:34 »
Taint too awful keen at cyphering. I knows dat da ln of 2 = .69315 and dat .012 + 4(.01) = 0.052. A 0.052 at least on paper, is bigger dan 0.04.
n yore natural log is watt...... a big stick two beet wit?
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2018, 06:22 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?