Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Oak Ridge Scientific Associate

Author Topic: Oak Ridge Scientific Associate  (Read 838 times)

Offline NukePuke

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Oak Ridge Scientific Associate
« on: Aug 11, 2023, 08:38 »
Howdy, all. I was just contacted by ORNL HR to screen for two different Scientific Associate positions (req #11061 and 10858). One is for the High Pressure Sample Environment Group, the other is for the High Flux Isotope Reactor.

My questions are mainly centered around where I can go inside of ORNL and what work would I be able to grow in to? I'm interested in robotics and automation and have applied to a few fuel manufacturing positions with no luck. Day-to-day at either department is also something there seems to be little information on.

Appreciate anyone who can give me some insight.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Oak Ridge Scientific Associate
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2023, 10:12 »
Howdy, all. I was just contacted by ORNL HR to screen for two different Scientific Associate positions (req #11061 and 10858). One is for the High Pressure Sample Environment Group, the other is for the High Flux Isotope Reactor.

My questions are mainly centered around where I can go inside of ORNL and what work would I be able to grow in to? I'm interested in robotics and automation and have applied to a few fuel manufacturing positions with no luck. Day-to-day at either department is also something there seems to be little information on.

Appreciate anyone who can give me some insight.

There are many facilities at ORNL. Last time I checked it had the fastest computer on the planet. They 3D printed a working Shelby Cobra. I recommend getting on site then looking around. ORNL is a much better choice compared to Y-12 just across the ridge. Both do some interesting work, but Y-12 is more of an industrial site with production a priority while ORNL is partnered with the University of Tennessee and has more of a campus environment.

https://www.ornl.gov/directorate/facilities

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?