Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Trade Group Gets Quick Win In Database Access Suit honeypot

Author Topic: Nuclear Trade Group Gets Quick Win In Database Access Suit  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
You cannot read the full article without subscribing but the lead in should be enough

Nuclear Trade Group Gets Quick Win In Database Access Suit

https://www.law360.com/articles/1086240/nuclear-trade-group-gets-quick-win-in-database-access-suit

Chimera

Okay . . . I give up.  Is NEI or Next ERA the "nuclear industry trade group"?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Okay . . . I give up.  Is NEI or Next ERA the "nuclear industry trade group"?

NEI

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
NEI
aye nominate glw too bee hour law360 reader n reference parson.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
a federal judge this week rejected arguments by Florida Power & Light Co. and three related companies in a dispute with a nuclear-energy trade group about access to a database used to help screen workers at nuclear power plants.

The database is administered by the Nuclear Energy Institute, with nuclear-plant operators able to get information about workers.

dispute began early this year when NextEra Energy Inc., the parent of FPL and the related companies, decided to drop membership in the Nuclear Energy Institute. The trade group said the move would lead to the NextEra companies losing access to the worker-screening database, which is known as the Personnel Access Data System, or PADS. The NextEra companies filed the lawsuit arguing they shouldn’t be cut off from the database.

However, U.S. District Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks on Tuesday ruled in favor of the Nuclear Energy Institute, rejecting arguments that the group breached an agreement about participation in the system.

“I conclude as a matter of law that the agreement unambiguously limits PADS participation to current NEI members,” Middlebrooks wrote. “As such, defendant's (the Nuclear Energy Institute’s) termination of plaintiffs' access to PADS was not a breach of any provision of the agreement.”

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
funny next era just thought they should have access to the database without paying for it....I've worked for them before sounds just like them.  was at Grand Gulf recently and they were doing a whole bunch of extra training because they didn't have access to pads (didn't want to pay for it).  it was a cf.

TVA

It had ZERO to do with Entergy not willing to pay for it. It had everything to do with certain NEI policies. I don’t care one way or the other but it had zero to do with cost.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
Well then all the training people there lied.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
had zero to do with cost.

Nothing has ZERO to do with cost.  If it were free, they would still have access to it.

PERHAPS cost wasn't the LEADING factor...
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2018, 03:35 by Rennhack »

TVA

Cost wasnt a factor at all.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2018, 06:39 by TVA »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
Re: Nuclear Trade Group Gets Quick Win In Database Access Suit
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2018, 06:40 »
So if it cost zero dollars then entergy still wouldn't be using it?  Really?

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #11 on: Sep 29, 2018, 11:16 »

It had ZERO to do with Entergy not willing to pay for it. It had everything to do with certain NEI policies. I don’t care one way or the other but it had zero to do with cost.
sew, watt was the reason(s)?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #12 on: Sep 29, 2018, 12:02 »

okay before all the lil' navy nukes and affiliated associates go too far down the road of ECF please RTFQ,...

Well then all the training people there lied.

Nothing has ZERO to do with cost.  If it were free, they would still have access to it.

PERHAPS cost wasn't the LEADING factor...

So if it cost zero dollars then entergy still wouldn't be using it?  Really?

Entergy NYSE: ETR

NextEra NYSE: NEE

NEI - NYSE does not apply

stop dragging entergy through the mud,....

now, back to your normal scheduled muckraking,....

thank you,....

OBTW the Sister would be ticked off about that missin' apostrophe on her poster too!!!!

oh yeah almost forgot,..... (sic) for beercourt,...
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2018, 12:38 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #13 on: Sep 29, 2018, 02:09 »
Nobody said Entergy was bad...just they didn't want to pay for pads for whatever reason and it threw the whole training dept into a tizzy IMHO..I was there watching it. Heck I don't blame them if it was too expensive for what they were getting....but saying money had NOTHING to do with it is silly.  Of course it had SOMETHING to do with it.  Calling the training dept liars was ehhh what do you call...sarcasm?  TVA always says the exact opposite of what everybody else says..like he is some wizard or something and everyone else is an idiot.  Even when he has been blatantly proven wrong he still says it...but we can all go back and read his posts.  It's right there in black and white.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #14 on: Sep 29, 2018, 03:12 »
aye nominate glw too bee hour law360 reader n reference parson.

nope,....pacermonitor, look it up,... 8)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 29, 2018, 03:57 »
As much as I hate to agree with TVA... this is about NEI policies and how NEE (and Entergy) felt about them. They withdrew over 'philosophical' differences. Losing access to PADS is fallout from the withdrawal.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2018, 09:00 »
well I'm sure TVA is right sometimes...but he has been wrong or half wrong so much it is hard to take him at face value when other people are saying something different.  assuming there was a good reason multiple nuclear plants sued them.  all the training  people at GG were constantly complaining about the lack of PADS and how Entergy was being cheap.  assumed there was something to it.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2018, 11:33 »
nope,....pacermonitor, look it up,... 8)
onliest result:

"Search results for: pacermonitor

Pages: [1]

Nuke News / Re: Nuclear Trade Group Gets Quick Win In Database Access Suit« by GLW on Today at 15:12:43 »

......  law360 reader n reference parson.    nope,....pacermonitor, look it up,...  ......

Pages: [1]"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #18 on: Sep 30, 2018, 12:36 »
onliest result:

"Search results for: pacermonitor

Pages: [1]

Nuke News / Re: Nuclear Trade Group Gets Quick Win In Database Access Suit« by GLW on Today at 15:12:43 »

......  law360 reader n reference parson.    nope,....pacermonitor, look it up,...  ......

Pages: [1]"

the google search should take you to the login link,...

once you login, the world of the litigious is your oyster,...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?