Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu post interview  

Author Topic: post interview  (Read 5601 times)

Offline gdad12

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
post interview
« on: Oct 11, 2018, 04:20 »

Hi all! I have a question not sure if I'm in the correct section if not I apologize, so 
I had an interview with Exelon in IL on Oct 1 for an Aux Fuel Handler position again. My question is it's been little over a week should I contact them expressing my interest or should I wait?  And if contact them is the answer who should I contact?  I did get the business card from the lead hiring manager at interview and I did send him and the other two managers a thank you note.  So should I contact all three of them or the lead hiring manager or the recruiter from Exelon who has been my point of contact? They did say it'd be at minimum 2 weeks and at most a month before I hear anything but I'm wondering if I should contact them sooner rather than later or wait?

[size=78%]thank you[/size]

TVA

Re: post interview
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2018, 08:57 »
Did they not say 2 weeks?

Offline gdad12

• Light User
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2018, 09:40 »
Did they not say 2 weeks?

yes they did say 2 weeks minimum to a month, so i shall wait!  thanks TVA i’m just anxious and really hoping i get the offer.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2018, 08:00 »
Wait 2-3 weeks to call back, if you're really impatient. If you're feeling patient, wait out the month before you call. When I interviewed with Exelon 4 years ago, I called/emailed about every 2-3 weeks (that's how long I was told the decision would take) for 3 months until I got a final answer.

Offline gdad12

• Light User
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2018, 09:07 »
Wait 2-3 weeks to call back, if you're really impatient. If you're feeling patient, wait out the month before you call. When I interviewed with Exelon 4 years ago, I called/emailed about every 2-3 weeks (that's how long I was told the decision would take) for 3 months until I got a final answer.

did you end up getting the job with Exelon?  i’m gonna wait it out.  someone else told me to wait the whole month you’re the 3 person who told me to wait so i’ll wait.  thanks for reply. 

TVA

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2018, 08:11 »

yes they did say 2 weeks minimum to a month, so i shall wait!  thanks TVA i’m just anxious and really hoping i get the offer.

I get that and I commend you for it. But if I am the hiring manager and I say two weeks and you email me early I will pull your application because you can’t follow directions.
After the 2 weeks or whatever time they told you then feel free to contact them every darn day.

Offline japawlak

• Hanford Nuke
  • Very Lite User
  • I’m in need of pants, do you have any?
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2018, 02:06 »
There’s nothing wrong with sending an early email to the person you were interviewed by to simply thank them for taking the time to interview you. I’ve heard good things about doing that. I was told I’d hear back about my job in 3 weeks but was called and given an offer in 4 days. The moral of the story: send a “thank you” email without being pushy, then wait it out. They hate pushy people, but like enthusiastic people. I totally nerded out on my interview, not on purpose, but it turned out well. BTW, did you hear back yet?
Houston, we have a problem, I seem to have soiled my space suit...

Offline gdad12

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2018, 06:52 »
There’s nothing wrong with sending an early email to the person you were interviewed by to simply thank them for taking the time to interview you. I’ve heard good things about doing that. I was told I’d hear back about my job in 3 weeks but was called and given an offer in 4 days. The moral of the story: send a “thank you” email without being pushy, then wait it out. They hate pushy people, but like enthusiastic people. I totally nerded out on my interview, not on purpose, but it turned out well. BTW, did you hear back yet?

I did send a thank you email.  Not pushy or anything just a mere thank you email and I decided to wait til I hear anything or  I might email after a month. This monday 10/22 will be 3 weeks.  🤞🏽Hoping for an offer!

Thanks for the input!

TVA

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2018, 07:34 »

If I tell you not to get back to me and you do then you cannot follow directions. I will not hire you. Thank you emails rarely get read. No one cares and you are clogging my email with trivia.

Offline gdad12

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2018, 09:55 »

If I tell you not to get back to me and you do then you cannot follow directions. I will not hire you. Thank you emails rarely get read. No one cares and you are clogging my email with trivia.

Well it’s a good thing I have not emailed them TVA!  Exelon did instruct me to send a thank you email/note within 24-48hrs after interview, so that I did do. I did not email any more after that thank you email.  Hiring managers did not instruct to NOT email them but they did say it’d be at least 2-3 weeks to a month minimum [size=78%]after the interview or more before they contact me. Thanks again TVA  [/size]

Offline japawlak

• Hanford Nuke
  • Very Lite User
  • I’m in need of pants, do you have any?
« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2018, 11:42 »
After I had the names of the panel that interviewed me, I was able to find them on LinkedIn.
Houston, we have a problem, I seem to have soiled my space suit...

Offline gdad12

• Light User
« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2018, 01:34 »
After I had the names of the panel that interviewed me, I was able to find them on LinkedIn.

I actually asked for their business cards at end of interview, I told them so I can send them thank you email.  They all readily gave me card or email.  One of them left it in their vehicle asked if she can go get it I told her if she rather just write down her email that’d be fine she did and the lead hiring manager gave me his card so I’m assuming they are ok with me sending them a thank you email.  I feel very positive about this interview I believe it went very well and I’m hoping I will get an offer.  I had already been connected to two of them through linkedin because I had interviewed last year with them for same exact position, Thank you for reply [size=78%]japawlak[/size]

Offline gdad12

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2018, 06:02 »
just want to give an update,  i got the job offer from Exelon for the Aux Fuel Handler position!!! Thank you to everybody who gave me insight!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?