Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Mike Keeley

Author Topic: Mike Keeley  (Read 14705 times)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Mike Keeley
« on: Oct 12, 2018, 09:29 »
Mike Keeley, a man I have had the honor to call my friend since his first outage at Calvert Cliffs in 1979 (1980?) passed away after a severe illness on Wednesday. I do not have the exact details, but I know his condition was rare and the progression very swift. I worked with him last April at St. Lucie and talked with him as recently as July and I had no idea anything was wrong.

I have no information at this time about any memorial services or other plans. If anyone has or gets information please post it here.

I also have no words to adequately describe how good a man Mike was. I have never met anyone that had a bad word to say about him. He was an excellent technician, leader, organizer and simply one of the best people I have met in this business. I, for one, will miss him very much. My very heavy heart goes out to his family and friends. I am sure that all of them feel the same way I do.

Rest in Peace, my friend, and God speed.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: Mike Keeley
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2018, 12:57 »
Worked with him at Lucie in 05 nights.  One of the best superVs and just best guys in general I have ever worked with/for.  Taught me alot...just a very good man.  Was the picture of health too.  Extremely sad.

Offline UMP

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2018, 02:42 »
Sorry to hear about Mikes passing.

Offline RADSLINGER

• Light User
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2018, 05:06 »
I am really sorry to hear about Mike's passing away. Heard it from an old friend, by email, that he was gone. I had not kept up with him since the late 80's early 90s, but he was always fun to be around. Like the other notes above, he was a good tech. that could always be counted on and a great mentor with plenty of patience. I looked up his obituary and the picture of Mike was how I remember him, smiling and keeping us smiling. Seems you always think you would get in touch "one day" but that time sometime never comes. I hope the best for his family.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2018, 08:32 »
It's rarely good to here about a passing, and naught this.
https://somd.com/announcements/obits/name/15685-Michael-John-Keeley.html
remembering a good guy and hard worker, who's path didn't cross with mine often, but was all ways good.
r.i.p.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline litespeed

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2018, 12:37 »
So many great memories working with Mike at CRIII, Turkey, St. Lucie, Hatch, Fitz and Nine Mile. I'll never forget crashing the ABB party at the Quay in Key Largo. Oh What A Night!!

R.I.P. my friend.
MPatterson

Offline slam420

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2019, 10:29 »
Mike was one of my favorite supervisors and we had good times after work in Miami and Key Largo many years ago. A fine Man and so sorry to hear he passed away. He always showed concern and ready to help out. Prayers to all the family, he will be missed.

Offline heavydose

• Light User
« Reply #7 on: Jul 10, 2019, 11:50 »
Knew Mike in the Calvert area 1979-80 ERA great guy

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?