Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

Disqualified Nuke

(1/1)

Tylor:
Hey guys,

I've been in the Navy 6 years now. I'm an EMN1 qualified EWS/EDPO (have been qualified for a year, stood it for an ORSE), and I got the news today that I will be disqualified from both submarine and nuclear duty. With just over 2 years on my contract, I'm looking at getting re-rated and finishing my enlistment in a different field.

My question is this: is my NEC on my DD214 not being my nuclear supervisor NEC giong to significantly effect my employment opportunities? I plan on finishing my bachelor's before I get out but I'm heavily leaning on my nuclear experience as an in for civillian jobs. I have my nuclear experience documented on evals, and obviously my JST exists, but I'm very worried that it will be discounted since I lost my NEC.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

MMM:
Unless you're trying to stay nuke and go direct SRO, it shouldn't have an impact.

scotoma:
What was the reason for disqualification?

GLW:

--- Quote from: scotoma on Nov 07, 2018, 08:10 ---What was the reason for disqualification?

--- End quote ---

you do not have to answer that here,....

but you will need to get comfortable with answering that question, over and over and over,....

good luck  ::) :) ;) 8)

TVA:
Unless it was an integrity violation it shouldnt be an issue

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version