Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Veteran's Day 2018

Author Topic: Veteran's Day 2018  (Read 2744 times)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Veteran's Day 2018
« on: Nov 11, 2018, 08:53 »
I thought I might list all the folks on these pages I know to be vets and put up some sort of sappy, virtue signaling meme which would garner likes and "cool dude" comments, etc.,....

then I remembered that I dislike facebook more than I like facebook and this ain't facebook,....

So,...

you know who you are, enjoy the day,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Re: Veteran's Day 2018
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2018, 09:08 »
I add my thanks to all the veterans for their service.
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2018, 09:45 »
   I like many others on this site am a veteran but I found myself a little embarrassed when I am thanked for my service. At this last Friday's Knoxville Veterans Day parade there was a 100 year old Army vet of WWII. Marching with our SubVets chapter was a WWII Submarine veteran who did four war patrols. I use to shrug off the thank you's but have taken a somewhat different view that I a vet lower case "v" also represent the Vets upper case "V" and those thanking me are in part thanking all vets. I guess we all grow up a bit no matter what our age. I still feel a little embarrassed but I now smile and say thank you for the upper case "V" Vets and for the person who is offering heart felt patriotic gratitude for all vets not just me.

For my fellow Vets, Thank you for your service.  [salute]

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:15 »
As usual, I am a day late, but Thanks to all who served or continue to do so.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline ipregen

• Moderate User
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2018, 12:34 »
I appreciate the thanks from folks but in my mind,  "Thank you for your service" has become a lot like "Thoughts and Prayers"  I enjoy things more like WTF were you thinking?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2018, 12:38 »
  I enjoy things more like WTF were you thinking?

I think that is what many of us were thinking in boot camp.  ;)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?