NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu PCMs  

Author Topic: PCMs  (Read 3543 times)

Offline grahame

• Very Lite User
PCMs
« on: Dec 24, 2018, 07:50 »
Hi All,

I've finally been given approval to purchase a replacement PCM.  I was wondering what people preferences are?  As well as any issues or problems that people have had with the various options out there.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Re: PCMs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2018, 06:15 »
Argos 5ab by canberra is what seems to be the goto.  I am not an instrument tech.  Helps with radon issues.  Expensive.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2018, 07:16 »
ARGOS 5AB are heaven sent angels who have saved us from those dirty, ugly bastard Radon demons of hell. Now we just need to rob a bank (or our instrument department needs to win the Powerball) to get $$ to replace our remaining IPM-8's. They do cause problems for Security, you know with all their guns, masks and sh*t they carry making it difficult to get close enough to the detectors to see the alphas for the discrimination ratio......and also bashing the detectors with said guns, masks and sh*t. 
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2018, 10:33 »
Are you looking to purchase a PCM or a portal monitor?

your previous questions on these forums have all had to do with rather dated equipment,....

the Argos is a good machine, but if you are considering an equivalent replacement to the Eberline PM-7s which you discussed on these forums once upon a time ago, you're way off of that field of play with the Argos AB series,....

and they cost a lot, and the routine support and maintenance are a lot in comparison to other players, and with only one machine in service there will be no economy of scale for your facility,...

quite the opposite,...

the economy of scale is pert much the raison d'être for investing in a bank of Argos equipment,...
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2018, 10:33 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2018, 01:08 »

For the Portal Monitors we use the GEM 5's

Yes we DO use antiquated equipment at CGS....we JUST started using AMS4's maybe 2 yrs ago!....We still have CAM's in the Plant as well!!

your previous questions on these forums have all had to do with rather dated equipment,....

the Argos is a good machine, but if you are considering an equivalent replacement to the Eberline PM-7s which you discussed on these forums once upon a time ago, you're way off of that field of play with the Argos AB series,....

and they cost a lot, and the routine support and maintenance are a lot in comparison to other players, and with only one machine in service there will be no economy of scale for your facility,...

quite the opposite,...

the economy of scale is pert much the raison d'être for investing in a bank of Argos equipment,...
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2018, 01:33 by Marlin »

Offline grahame

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2019, 05:09 »

quite the opposite,...

I am talking about PCMs, not PMs.

Right now the only dated equipment i run is the Eberline PCM-1B (still work pretty good) which is why i am trying to replace them.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?