Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Obama's former top regulator Greg Jaczko now says nuclear power is 'hazardous' honeypot

Author Topic: Obama's former top regulator Greg Jaczko now says nuclear power is 'hazardous'  (Read 2317 times)

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Barack Obama's former top regulator Greg Jaczko now says nuclear power is 'hazardous'

https://www.kcra.com/article/former-top-regulator-now-says-nuclear-power-hazardous/25888972

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
One jet airliner drops out of the sky, 200 dead.....happens almost every year.  Do we stop flying?  No.  The last big nuclear issue was fukushima.  How many people have died from nuclear related issues there?  That's what I thought.  Jaczko is terrible.  This guy is using fear mongering to sell books.  Sad he was head of the NRC at one time.  Black eye on the NRC as far as I'm concerned.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
.....Jaczko is terrible.....

no, he's anti-nuke, always has been,...

appointed from Sen. Reid's office staff to the NRC during a recess appointment,....

then, it was the backdoor maneuvering by the Obama administration under the lawful (if unintentional) provisions of the 1987 NWPA* which foisted Jaczko into leadership and effectively stagnated and assured extinction of commercial nuclear power by cutting off the nuclear waste disposition scheme, and thus assuring an impacted nuclear bowel and the inevitable nuclear peritonitis,....

which we contend with today,...

my contemporary, illuminating, edification(s) on this clever maneuver by the last administration can be found in other (more appropriate) threads on these forums, I highly recommend reading them as they are educational and prescient,....

the * should help with your look ups following your reading of this post as you develop your historical perspective concerning how we got to where we are today vis a vis the anti-nuke Jaczko and Obama team,...

but, Jaczko is only being Jaczko and elections have consequences, for us in the commercial power nuclear generation industry, the 2008 and 2012 consequences were less than good,....

:P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
gist an udder swamp dweller, adept at the forked tongue of the region. political slime.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
gist an udder swamp dweller, adept at the forked tongue of the region. political slime.

well, he is trying to sell his new book,....

an he is an unapologetic hypocrite,...

he decries the accumulated dose from providing commercial nuclear electricity to hospitals, schools, traffic lights, etc. (all public benefit end users),...

but hey, the defender of "An Effective Theory of Baryons and Mesons" has no issue with the 600 mrem/year plus dose for CERN workers and others as they operate the machines which allow him to theorize,...

plus the courts ruled his actions at NRC (vis a vis Yucca Mountain) illegal,...

which kinda comes back to the notion that the reviews of his book are typically pretty unflattering,....

and he needs to sell books,...

'cause ain't nobody paying him a strong 6 figure income with awesome benefits these days,...

nor simultaneously giving him air cover to abuse woman subordinates in the performance of his self perceived mission,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
I seem to recall this man weighing in on the flooding situation at Cooper/Ft. Calhoun(?)2011/2012? not long after being sworn in, with an associated change of tune to benefit the benefactors in a short time. Shortly after that was the Yucca Mountain situation and I remember thinking thats nice, the comissioner is a stoolie. Happy MLK day to all.

Chimera

600 mrem/year?  that sounds like exposure from the good old days ('70's and '80's)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?