Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NRC issues final rule on Fukushima lessons honeypot

Author Topic: NRC issues final rule on Fukushima lessons  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

TVA

Re: NRC issues final rule on Fukushima lessons
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2019, 06:15 »
The rule matches what is already implemented

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2019, 11:08 »
Does the final rule include elimination of ridiculous evacuation requirements? You know, like the evacuations that killed 2000 more people than radiation at Fukushima.

Fukushima radiological release death toll = 0

Unnecessary evacuations death toll = 2000

Sums up perfectly how insanely backwards Nuclear Power's risk analysiss are. I mean, the  NRC actually believes that Chuck Norris and the Delta Force can/want to storm the main control room, engage the meltdown button and render an area the size of Pennsylvania permanently uninhabitable.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019, 11:09 by Bonds 25 »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

TVA

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2019, 03:11 »
1: The evacuation RECOMMENDATIONS were never based on Fukushima. They have been the same since I qualified as an Emergency Director in 1998 and the same since at least 1990.

2: There are no requirements. The utility simply makes a recommendation to the State. The utility has no legal means to enforce an evacuation.
In most cases the recommendation is short term shelter

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2019, 04:02 »
That's my point. If anything, Fukushima has shown that evacuation "recommendations" are completely ridiculous and not only that....they are more deadly than any possible release that could occur at a non-soviet designed reactor.

So unless you are in the owner controlled area, there is really (science and research has shown) no justification for the fear or evacuations. Countries are shutting down and abandoning Nuclear Power or have decided to not replace their Nuclear with Nuclear due to this Natural Disaster. That alone will cause WAY more deaths than any possible accident at a Nuclear Power Plant could.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

TVA

« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2019, 06:49 »
I remember when I was qualifying as an Emergency Director. The PM said classify appropriately not conservatively if you recommend an evacuation someone will die.

On the other hand it’s been law for decades. It’s not Fukushima related and it’s not utility business

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?