Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Cold weather forces Salem nuclear unit offline
honeypot

Author Topic: Cold weather forces Salem nuclear unit offline  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Cold weather forces Salem nuclear unit offline
« on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:18 »
Cold weather forces Salem nuclear unit offline as owner PSE&G presses for subsidies

https://www.utilitydive.com/news/cold-weather-forces-salem-nuclear-unit-offline-as-owner-pseg-presses-for-s/547446/

TVA

Re: Cold weather forces Salem nuclear unit offline
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:33 »
Frazil ice truly sucks

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2019, 08:27 »
Wow... I did not know that Entergy had moved Pilgrim to Vermont. I don't know how I missed that!

I guess you learn something new everyday. I can go home now, I have met my goal.  ::)
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2019, 06:53 »
Wow... I did not know that Entergy had moved Pilgrim to Vermont. I don't know how I missed that!

I want to add something snarky, about it being part of the D&D plan.... but I'm just too tired, and not motivated enough to do so.

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2019, 09:37 »
Sure Salem had to shut down, but look at all the others that weathered the storm; Duane Arnold, Monticello, Prairie Island, Point Beach, Fermi, Cook....

Not sure what the temps were at all of them but it hit -34 in Minnesota.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2019, 01:25 »
Sure Salem had to shut down, but look at all the others that weathered the storm; Duane Arnold, Monticello, Prairie Island, Point Beach, Fermi, Cook....

-22 at cook, -50 with the wind chill.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2019, 01:36 »

typical upper midwesterner:

typical jerseyite:

'nuff said,...
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019, 01:37 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?