Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Professional Reservist? honeypot

Author Topic: Professional Reservist?  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Nuke Nole

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Professional Reservist?
« on: Feb 19, 2019, 11:28 »
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and civilian life. I signed a 3 year contract with the reserves and am finally starting to get the gist of what this whole thing is about. I am taking my sweet time finding a job, but I've heard from a few people that there are those that will take short mobilizations (3-8 months) and just relax the rest of the year or run their business in their off time. Does anyone here have any experience or anything more than a tall tale of living the sweet life? Sorry if there is already a thread on here about this, and thanks for any help!

atomicarcheologist

Re: Professional Reservist?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2019, 06:16 »
If your talking about short term work versus being a full time employee, then there is a plethora of people here with that lifestyle.

Offline Hobber

• Very Lite User
Re: Professional Reservist?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:19 »
For the reserve side, there are ADTs (Active Duty for Training) billets that last anywhere from 3-6 months, however the funding tends to be nefarious so they appear and disappear frequently.  There are also mobilizations that last up to 1 year boots on ground but they tend to be in less that popular places (E.g. the sandbox).  Check with the AT/IDTT coordinator at your NOSC.  He/She can show you where to find the current list.

V/r
MMCS Reserve - Retired

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?