Career Path > General

Professional Reservist?

(1/1)

Nuke Nole:
Hey Guys,

I am new to the forum and civilian life. I signed a 3 year contract with the reserves and am finally starting to get the gist of what this whole thing is about. I am taking my sweet time finding a job, but I've heard from a few people that there are those that will take short mobilizations (3-8 months) and just relax the rest of the year or run their business in their off time. Does anyone here have any experience or anything more than a tall tale of living the sweet life? Sorry if there is already a thread on here about this, and thanks for any help!

atomicarcheologist:
If your talking about short term work versus being a full time employee, then there is a plethora of people here with that lifestyle.

Hobber:
For the reserve side, there are ADTs (Active Duty for Training) billets that last anywhere from 3-6 months, however the funding tends to be nefarious so they appear and disappear frequently.  There are also mobilizations that last up to 1 year boots on ground but they tend to be in less that popular places (E.g. the sandbox).  Check with the AT/IDTT coordinator at your NOSC.  He/She can show you where to find the current list.

V/r
MMCS Reserve - Retired

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version