Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu The U.S. Navy Is Having a Hell of a Time Dismantling the USS Enterprise

Author Topic: The U.S. Navy Is Having a Hell of a Time Dismantling the USS Enterprise  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Whomever supplies the hardhats -  pros/cons to any chosen option. Bottom line - a lot of RP technicians will be required for a good while.

Offline nowhereman

• Moderate User
Considering the different thresholds for personal contaminations, for an outage the RPM can walk in a managers meeting and say with a straight face and say we can finish this outage in under 10 personal contams. ( understandable, they have to turn a profit) But in the shipyard any thing close to 100 ccpm on the frisker your going to need to review the job scope and or  progress.
And there is no way a US shipyard can compete with a east Asian shipbreaking yard, lol .

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
And there is no way a US shipyard can compete with a east Asian shipbreaking yard, lol .

Is she seaworthy after cutting out the reactor compartments and equipment? No disputing that if they can get it there that it would be cheaper.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
The video above is England but the work is similar to the beaching and scrapping this is the only Navy ship I could find in short order. Kind of sad like many of us in the 70s it was the Submarine tender in Holy Loch Scotland where Boomer sailors traded crews and fast attacks stopped by on the way to the north seas. Holy Loch was not much of a liberty port but it was not that long a train ride to Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
The video above is England but the work is similar to the beaching and scrapping this is the only Navy ship I could find in short order. Kind of sad like many of us in the 70s it was the Submarine tender in Holy Loch Scotland where Boomer sailors traded crews and fast attacks stopped by on the way to the north seas. Holy Loch was not much of a liberty port but it was not that long a train ride to Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Holy Loch was an awesome short time liberty port,....

I spent more than a few awesome afternoons into evening into nights into wee hours of the morning marathons at the "X" bar in Dunoon,...

Tennent's Lager,...  [beer] [Flamer]

I still have a few Tennent's coasters squirreled away in my bureau as keepsakes,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
Nice video. All in 21 minutes. A lot smaller ship than an aircraft carrier.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?