Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New technology allows in-situ waste characterisation

Author Topic: New technology allows in-situ waste characterisation  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: New technology allows in-situ waste characterisation
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2019, 01:39 »
really?!?!?!?!

really?!?!?!?!?!

ISOCS for waste package verification is NEW?!?!?!?!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2019, 02:09 »
When we stuck a meter (PIC-6) on the side of a drum and extrapolated curie content from a standard isotopic mix of the plant that was ISOCS. Then we put Sodium Iodide detectors with multi channel analyzers next to that drum and that was new. Then we constructed standard geometry configurations for drums, boxes, and cargo containers and that was new. I suppose it is how you look at it.

PIC-6, wow we have come a long way baby.  :P

[coffee]

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2019, 09:05 »
When we stuck a meter (PIC-6) on the side of a drum and extrapolated curie content from a standard isotopic mix of the plant that was ISOCS.....

that was BTP 1983 Technical Position on Waste Classification for NRC licensees, I can only begin to imagine how DOE implements the same, lack of DOE standardization being what it is....

....Then we put Sodium Iodide detectors with multi channel analyzers next to that drum and that was new......

that could be construed as ISOCS,...

albeit the Chevy Vega of ISOCS systems,....

.....Then we constructed standard geometry configurations for drums, boxes, and cargo containers and that was new......

If your definition of new is circa 1984, then okay,...

if 1994 or 2004 or 2014, then you were working in the parish-pump provinces of all things nuclear,...

...I suppose it is how you look at it....

I look at it as what I was born to do,...

.....PIC-6, wow we have come a long way baby.  :P

true that,...

thank goodness!!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2019, 10:07 »
that was BTP 1983 Technical Position on Waste Classification for NRC licensees, I can only begin to imagine how DOE implements the same, lack of DOE standardization being what it is....

that could be construed as ISOCS,...

albeit the Chevy Vega of ISOCS systems,....

if 1994 or 2004 or 2014, then you were working in the parish-pump provinces of all things nuclear,...

I look at it as what I was born to do,...

true that,...

thank goodness!!

Point of OP is that the technology is new not ISOCS

[coffee]

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2019, 10:30 »
Point of OP is that the technology is new not ISOCS

okay, but it's only new at INL's AMWTP,...

or 2019 for that matter,...

a'course before this goes down that long winding road, keep this in mind:

ISOCS

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2019, 03:08 »
The DOE is just learning about this stuff???

ISOCS

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2019, 03:23 »
The DOE is just learning about this stuff???

ISOCS

They have been using it for waste and insitu on installed equipment for safe shutdown for a couple of decades that I know of. I have noticed that sites tend to reinvent the wheel at different sites and new is sometimes new to that site or specific application.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?