Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu U.S. Nuclear Power Plants Weren’t Built for Climate Change honeypot

Author Topic: U.S. Nuclear Power Plants Weren’t Built for Climate Change  (Read 4003 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
U.S. Nuclear Power Plants Weren’t Built for Climate Change

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-nuclear-power-plants-climate-change/

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
U.S. Nuclear Power Plants Weren’t Built for Climate Change

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019-nuclear-power-plants-climate-change/

These are the areas expected to flood an average of at least twice a month by 2060, based on data from the Union of Concerned Scientists.

yep,...

the world's best and brightest put these words to paper on Jan. 10 1920:

THE HIGH CONTRACTING PARTIES,
IN ORDER TO PROMOTE international co-operation and to achieve international peace and security
by the acceptance of obligations not to resort to war
by the prescription of open, just and honourable relations between nations
by the firm establishment of the understandings of international law as the actual rule of conduct among Governments, and
by the maintenance of justice and a scrupulous respect for all treaty obligations in the dealings of organised peoples with one another
AGREE to this Covenant of the League of Nations

19 years, 7 months and 22 days later they were horribly wrong,...

to the tune of 34 million plus lives,...

so now these best and brightest are predicting 24 floods per year to occur in 41 years,...

pardon me while I call: 

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019, 03:06 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
pardon me while I call: 

It's Bloomberg you probably could have made the call before reading the article.  8)

But it is news. c'est la vie.   ::)

[coffee]

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
bee ess ain't knews, n the u.of c.s. stuff ain't neither. they are pretty  much reactionary and tie them selves inn nots when given enuff time.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019, 08:09 by SloGlo »
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
I don't disagree with the illustrated flood potential, but storm surge is much more predictable than say a 9.0 earthquake (giving a bit more time for shutdown.)  Still requires planning and controls.

TVA

I don't disagree with the illustrated flood potential, but storm surge is much more predictable than say a 9.0 earthquake (giving a bit more time for shutdown.)  Still requires planning and controls.

Having dealt with it no it isnt

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
Storm surge cannot strike up a cliff, earthquakes can.  Storm surge is limited by striking distance/elevation....earthquakes are not.  Earthquakes are obviously less predictable.

TVA

Incorrect.
State your experience please

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
So storm surge can strike up a 80 foot cliff?

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
"Having dealt with it no it isnt"

Hahaha....man you are something else.

Please explain when you dealt with a 45ft tsunami 41 minutes after an earthquake and how it's not different than say....a 15ft storm surge from a hurricane that's been brewing for over a week before striking?
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2019, 09:02 by Bonds 25 »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Hmmm... "U.S. Nuclear Power Plants Weren’t Built for Climate Change"

Maybe not, but if we had build enough of them early enough, we might have helped prevent it.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
Crickets from TVA....what a surprise. Dude lives in a world that is saturated with bullish*t. Bullsh*t that the "smartest person in Nuclear" continues to vomit all over himself.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
Hard to have more than crickets from somebody who can't have a normal discussion.  We all get a little "locked in" to what we think is the right answer at times..I am guilty as well, but TVA is usually like that.  This one isn't about personal experience, it is about probability through tiime of things that don't normally happen.  Earthquakes can happen anytime, anywhere albeit with different probabilities in different areas.  Storm surge is dependent on the weather and location which is WAY more predictable even though obviously not 100%.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Earthquakes can happen anytime, anywhere albeit with different probabilities in different areas.  Storm surge is dependent on the weather and location which is WAY more predictable even though obviously not 100%.
sew, yore saying that earthquakes require an earth, witch is visible. a storm surge requires a storm, visible all sew.
obviously, know difference.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?