Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Harrisburgh honeypot

Author Topic: Harrisburgh  (Read 17655 times)

TVA

Re: Harrisburgh
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2019, 08:34 »
At least a year probably the design and purchase agreement isnt an issue.

Receiving the fuel post fabrication 4 to 5 months

Inspection about 4 months.

For the right money it can all be pushed but 4 months maximum.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2019, 09:55 »
With an October 2019 (I think) outage, then there is still the minimum time, i.e. "For the right money it can all be pushed but 4 months maximum"?
After all, half of May, all of June, July, August, and September.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:57 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

TVA

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2019, 11:15 »
No. Thats assuming you already have the fuel ordered. No one would have ordered it without at least some sort of assurance they werent wasting millions of dollars.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2019, 07:37 »
Ar what point would they have decided to not order the fuel?
Did I miss a post which would indicate Excelon Generation was not proceeding in good faith regarding TMI continuing gendration?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:37 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2019, 09:15 »
Let it go man - its over.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:19 by fiveeleven »

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2019, 09:32 »
I may be wrong, but I believe that the fossil fuel lobby is much stronger than nuclear in PA. PA doesn't have any prime ocean front property, so maybe they don't believe that they will be impacted by rising sea levels. Unfortunately there are many more consequences to global warming. Temperature is the measure of internal energy in matter. Warmer air and warmer water means more energy. What is the mass of the air ans water that is affected, and how much more energy is stored therein?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2019, 11:08 »
I may be wrong, but I believe that the fossil fuel lobby is much stronger than nuclear in PA. PA doesn't have any prime ocean front property, so maybe they don't believe that they will be impacted by rising sea levels. Unfortunately there are many more consequences to global warming. Temperature is the measure of internal energy in matter. Warmer air and warmer water means more energy. What is the mass of the air ans water that is affected, and how much more energy is stored therein?

I will not enter into a discussion on Anthrogogenic Global Warming (AGW) in open forum but if you were a gold member you would know much I disagree with the "consensus" and the chicken little alarmist view. As much as I do not buy into the myopic view that CO2 is the nexus of evil for AGW there are many other reasons to move to a cleaner more effluent contained power. Recently one of the streams flowing through Pigeon Forge from the Great Smoky Mountains was issued a fishing warning to limit the amount of fish you should eat due to mercury. No industry in the Smoky Mountains the source like the build up of mercury in the oceans is fossil fuels (coal). If "environmentalists" are born again nuclear advocates due to CO2, so be it, but a broader view of overall environmental impact is the reason we should be extending older plant life's and pursuing newer nuclear technologies.

TVA

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2019, 11:18 »
Exelon had zero to do with it. Would you spend 15 million on something that you had no idea you could use?

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2019, 01:56 »
The sky is not falling, the ocean is rising.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2019, 02:10 »

...and has been for a very long time before the industrial revolution, nothing new the next ice age will fix that.   8)

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/12/rising_seas_are_nothing_new.html

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 02:52 »

well, depending on where you live the land is sinking, aka subduction, and it's not anthropogenic (which is a trope as regards climate offset)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 02:54 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2019, 11:01 »
I'd say it's time to return to topic, transfer to Poli-Sci, or let the thread die....

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2019, 01:05 »
I'd say it's time to return to topic, transfer to Poli-Sci, or let the thread die....

:P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2019, 01:37 »

:P ;) :) 8)

Maybe but he is right.

[RTFM]

[coffee]

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2019, 08:22 »
Bump
FYI, this url gives me the wrong State Senator. Check the legislators you are given.
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2019, 08:24 »
Do not transfer to PoliSci.
That takes it out of the public venue. This is the type of information which needs public dissemination.
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2019, 12:07 »
Do not transfer to PoliSci.
That takes it out of the public venue. This is the type of information which needs public dissemination.

Not exactly sure what you mean. If it is the nuclear side of this thread no it does not belong in PolySCi but the Global Warming Climate Change for the most part does. I suppose you could argue that it does as CO2 and Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) are at the heart of the debate for continuation of nuclear power but in my view as AGW is a contentious topic that evokes responses that belong in a forum that has less restrictive rules to promote debate.

"That's just my opinion I could be wrong." Denis Miller

[2cents]

TVA

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2019, 03:02 »
Love it when non admins want to admin

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2019, 07:25 »
   Not exactly sure what you mean. If it is the nuclear side of this thread no it does not belong in PolySCi but the Global Warming Climate Change for the most part does. I suppose you could argue that it does as CO2 and Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) are at the heart of the debate for continuation of nuclear power but in my view as AGW is a contentious topic that evokes responses that belong in a forum that has less restrictive rules to promote debate.

[2cents]
I mean that when it goes PoliSci, it disappears from public view and comment. People looking for information that check out Nukeworker.com will not see it, the governmental contacts, nor the conversation. I think this would be important for the nuke workers to put forth for the most favorable public image and action.

DM is one of my favorite sages, and is from the Pittsburgh area where I grew up and live.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 09:07 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM

Offline Ksheed

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2019, 09:35 »
Agreed, so let's stick to the original intent and not dive off the cliff into the "Global Warming, Climate Change, Fake Science, CO2's the Devil" abyss.

FYI, SpongeBob is my favorite Hall Monitor. The wife and I still joke about that episode whenever we see someone directing traffic.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 10:16 by ksheed12 »

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #71 on: Jun 01, 2019, 09:08 »
Send this link to all your State Representatives, Senators, and the Govenor to keep the last six units on line.
https://dailyenergyinsider.com/news/19647-new-international-energy-agency-report-highlights-impacts-of-decline-in-use-of-nuclear-power/
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #72 on: Jun 01, 2019, 04:38 »
Send this link to all your State Representatives, Senators, and the Govenor to keep the last six units on line.
https://dailyenergyinsider.com/news/19647-new-international-energy-agency-report-highlights-impacts-of-decline-in-use-of-nuclear-power/

Last 6 units?

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #73 on: Jun 01, 2019, 10:16 »

Last 6 units?
My error. Last 8. Maybe I'm trying to desensitize myself as I am perceiving a lack of interest in maintaing the Commonwealth's nuclear power plants
A REM is a REM is a REM

TVA

« Reply #74 on: Jun 02, 2019, 09:52 »
If the grid and prices support it they should die.

8 plants?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?