Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Climate Change, Capitalism And Nuclear Power -- The Closing Of Duane Arnold honeypot

Author Topic: Climate Change, Capitalism And Nuclear Power -- The Closing Of Duane Arnold  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Climate Change, Capitalism And Nuclear Power -- The Closing Of Duane Arnold

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2019/05/07/climate-change-capitalism-and-nuclear-power-the-closing-of-duane-arnold/#6a91e3c6449f

well Mr. Conca, citizens do not decide which and what type of plants get built and where their electric bill comes from,....

businesses and politicians do that,...

with help from activists,...

who are rarely reasoned, ministerial or compos mentis in their activism,...

that's why they're activists,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

TVA

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Huh?

well, Mr. Conca posited the following in his article:

....Presumably, the residents of Iowa are concerned about climate change or they wouldn't have installed so much subsidized wind. But then losing $42 a year is too high a cost for that much carbon-free electricity?....

to which I would state that citizens (aka residents) have little to do with subsidized wind or anything else for that matter,....

$176 billion has been provided to the wind-energy sector, the greatest majority of that subsidy paid out since 2007,...

$2.9 billion came from local and state governments,...

$9.4 billion came from federal grants and tax credits,...

$163.9 billion was provided in the form of federal loans or loan guarantees,...

this money is the variable which has made wind farms viable,...

not residents concerned about climate change,...

that money is driven by business interests (K Street),...

that money is driven by advocacy (activist) groups (again K Street),...

that money is driven by politicians (1st Street),...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

TVA

No I was reading the article and it confused me

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

It does ramble, if it was a single sentence I might call it a mixed metaphor.  ;)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

yeah well, if you worked with a few of the "nuclear" yahoos I have had the dubious experience of dealing with you would not have been confused at all, it would have been all too familiar,....

ROFL [BH] ROFL [BH] ROFL [BH] ROFL [Flamer]

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
aye agree, nutting confusing hear. leven n a half scents a day saving wit awl the global warming citizens kin stand.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

TVA

It does ramble, if it was a single sentence I might call it a mixed metaphor.  ;)

Ramble! Yepper. It has no point.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?