Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Concerned about nuke paperwork honeypot

Author Topic: Concerned about nuke paperwork  (Read 12448 times)

Offline Nuclear Turtle

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Concerned about nuke paperwork
« on: May 26, 2019, 09:50 »
Recently I went to MEPS and took the ASVAB and the physical. I scored a 96 on the ASVAB and passed the physical. When answering the questions about my past math grades however, I am concerned. For my senior year in high school I took two math classes, AP Calc and AP Stats. I passed AP Calc easily with an A the first semester and a B the next. But my Stats class was a tougher class as it was online. I ended up with a B the first Semester and a F the second semester. I’m concerned the navy nuke program will reject my application because if that F, even though I was taking that Stats class as an elective an not one of my core classes. Does anyone have insight as to what may happen?

Turtle

TVA

Re: Concerned about nuke paperwork
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 09:59 »
C in Algebra 1

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 10:00 »
I got a D- in calc, but my recruiter said as long as I passed what was required I was good (and got my diploma).  I don't think stats is required.  This is 1988 we are talking about though.

TVA

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 04:56 »
Like I said C in Algebra 1

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 09:44 »
Recently I went to MEPS and took the ASVAB and the physical...................Do es anyone have insight as to what may happen?

yes, your recruiter,...

https://www.navycs.com/blogs/2011/01/18/enlisted-nuclear-field-academic-eligibility

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

rlbinc

« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2019, 02:47 »
In the 1970s, before your parent's time - Nuclear Power Field gave its own screening test called NFQT.
I scored a 49 and got in. Go for it.

Offline gb54123

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2019, 05:43 »
Many of the students have academic waivers for low grades. I've seen students with multiple failing math and science classes. Just get a waiver and don't screw up at NNPTC.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2019, 04:38 »
Why are you worried? Either you need a waiver or you don't. If you need one, either you get it or you don't. Both of these are out of your control (unless you take a college math class and get a high grade), so talk to your recruiter, figure out what you need, and do it. If you don't get a needed waiver, pick a different job.

TVA

Offline ipregen

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Jun 10, 2019, 11:58 »
In the 1970s, before your parent's time - Nuclear Power Field gave its own screening test called NFQT.
I scored a 49 and got in. Go for it.
Hey I took that test! I wanted to be a quartermaster but the recruiter suggested nuke. I took the test and was on my way. We had a huge failure rate in my class, 7408, somewhere just under 40%. Failures would go to the fleet, graduates would go to the fleet. I was picked up for ELT and then out to the fleet. You'll all end up on or under the water eating more chicken fried steak than you want. Thank god we had bilge wine on the Billy B.

Offline Nuclear Turtle

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #10 on: Aug 03, 2019, 02:55 »
Update: All my paper work was completed and my security background check is done, Im shipping out in 10 days, thanks for all the replies to the post.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 03, 2019, 03:34 »
Update: All my paper work was completed and my security background check is done, Im shipping out in 10 days, thanks for all the replies to the post.

Thank you for the feedback.

TVA

« Reply #12 on: Aug 03, 2019, 05:30 »
Awesome! Enjoy it!

Offline xobxnuke

• Light User
  • it's coming, keep your powder dry
« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2019, 12:31 »
Like I said C in Algebra 1

I am an extremely proficient exam taker and more importantly have NEVER missed a question on any exam. Ever.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Aug 04, 2019, 11:11 »
Recently I went to MEPS and took the ASVAB and the physical. I scored a 96 on the ASVAB and passed the physical. When answering the questions about my past math grades however, I am concerned. For my senior year in high school I took two math classes, AP Calc and AP Stats. I passed AP Calc easily with an A the first semester and a B the next. But my Stats class was a tougher class as it was online. I ended up with a B the first Semester and a F the second semester. I’m concerned the navy nuke program will reject my application because if that F, even though I was taking that Stats class as an elective an not one of my core classes. Does anyone have insight as to what may happen?

1) Stats isn't a required class for enlisting as a nuke, so I don't think that the Navy will judge you too harshly for it.

2) Why aren't you going to college?

Turtle
[/quote]

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?