Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Who was Valery Legasov, the Soviet scientist that saved the world from Chernobyl honeypot

Author Topic: Who was Valery Legasov, the Soviet scientist that saved the world from Chernobyl  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Radiation sickness from 100 REM?

I think they were missing a zero in there (or didn't include anything internal.)
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

TVA

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Radiation sickness from 100 REM?

I think they were missing a zero in there (or didn't include anything internal.)

It may have excluded shallow dose if he had a "radiation tan" and only documented deep dose. The article said he made many helicopter flights over the site so internal is more than just speculation. It is a Russian news outlet sooooooo....

Just my  [2cents]

It did reference the HBO mini series that I have not watched but hear it is pretty good.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2019, 10:07 by Marlin »

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
100 REM (soviet) is in the ballpark. He most likely had some internal dose as anybody in the area at that time did. It ddin't say if he received any medical treatment He didn't die, he got sick. He was well enough to give a report 4 months later and llived another 2 years before ending it all. It wasn't clear what the long term affects of the exposure was. He died one day before he was to give a comprehensive report. Suspicious? The HBO series was dramatized fiction. A lot of truth, but some drama to make it interesting enough to a common audience.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Who was Valery Legasov, the Soviet scientist that saved the world from Chernobyl?
https://www.rbth.com/history/330459-valery-legasov-chernobyl?fbclid=IwAR3Lx0xJIkKUfNGUQX7qsiDqXGfMAoRf71VgVN8Ps0lyOfb8FJxVXEuQZTw

How Vasili Arkhipov Saved The World From Nuclear Armageddon

https://allthatsinteresting.com/vasili-arkhipov

How Viktor Netyksho Helped Swing the Election for Trump

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/10/01/how-russia-helped-to-swing-the-election-for-trump

Aleksey Potemkin charged with US 2016 election hack

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44825345

Is it just me or are Russians really confusing?!?!?!?!

:-\ ::) [whistle] [coffee]

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?