Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Expungement/ Previous Drug Use

Author Topic: Expungement/ Previous Drug Use  (Read 12581 times)

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: Expungement/ Previous Drug Use
« Reply #25 on: Jul 08, 2019, 03:11 »
I'm not arguing,....

I'm postulating,...

postulate:

to ask, demand, or claim.
to claim or assume the existence or truth of, especially as a basis for reasoning or arguing.
to assume without proof, or as self-evident;take for granted.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #26 on: Jul 08, 2019, 03:18 »
postulate:

to claim or assume the existence or truth of, especially as a basis for reasoning or arguing.
to assume without proof, or as self-evident;take for granted.

put your angry white guy dictionary back into the drawer labelled "I'm angry and I gotta win" pal,.....

google "postulate definition"

the following should be at the top of the screen:

Dictionary
Search for a word
pos·tu·late
verb
/ˈpäsCHəˌlāt/
suggest or assume the existence, fact, or truth of (something) as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
"his theory postulated a rotatory movement for hurricanes"
synonyms:   put forward, suggest, advance, posit, hypothesize, take as a hypothesis, propose, assume, presuppose, suppose, presume, predicate, take for granted, theorize
"such hypotheses have been postulated by highly reputable geologists"
(in ecclesiastical law) nominate or elect (someone) to an ecclesiastical office subject to the sanction of a higher authority.
nounFORMAL
/ˈpäsCHələt/
a thing suggested or assumed as true as the basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
"perhaps the postulate of Babylonian influence on Greek astronomy is incorrect"

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Online Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #27 on: Jul 08, 2019, 04:01 »
put your angry white guy dictionary back into the drawer labelled "I'm angry and I gotta win" pal,.....

google "postulate definition"

the following should be at the top of the screen:

Dictionary
Search for a word
pos·tu·late
verb
/ˈpäsCHəˌlāt/
suggest or assume the existence, fact, or truth of (something) as a basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
"his theory postulated a rotatory movement for hurricanes"
synonyms:   put forward, suggest, advance, posit, hypothesize, take as a hypothesis, propose, assume, presuppose, suppose, presume, predicate, take for granted, theorize
"such hypotheses have been postulated by highly reputable geologists"
(in ecclesiastical law) nominate or elect (someone) to an ecclesiastical office subject to the sanction of a higher authority.
nounFORMAL
/ˈpäsCHələt/
a thing suggested or assumed as true as the basis for reasoning, discussion, or belief.
"perhaps the postulate of Babylonian influence on Greek astronomy is incorrect"

Seriously! Why postulate at all if not for argument, since we were already in a discussion. Your argument on an argument is not self supporting assuming facts not in evidence and in contradiction of the obvious (Captain Obvious if you like).

[catfight]

[coffee]

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #28 on: Jul 08, 2019, 04:22 »
So GLW you are saying you've never seen anybody drink too much?  ever?  really?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #29 on: Jul 09, 2019, 09:30 »
Seriously! Why postulate at all if not for argument, since we were already in a discussion.....

Let me enlighten you:

I'm not arguing,....

I'm postulating,...

I told you up front I am not arguing,....

you chose to cherry pick and emphasize the definition of "postulate" to argue with me,....

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/postulate

postulate[ verb pos-chuh-leyt; noun pos-chuh-lit, -leyt ]SHOW IPA
SYNONYMS|EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGINSEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR postulate ON THESAURUS.COM

verb (used with object), pos·tu·lat·ed, pos·tu·lat·ing.

to assume without proof, or as self-evident; take for granted.
SEE MORE

noun

something taken as self-evident or assumed without proof as a basis for reasoning.

Mathematics, Logic. a proposition that requires no proof, being self-evident, or that is for a specific purpose assumed true, and that is used in the proof of other propositions; axiom.

a fundamental principle.

SEE MORE

I tell you upfront what my reasoning is and where I am going with the discussion,...

and then you tell me what I am thinking,...

save that crap for your wife not me, you can tell her what she's thinking when she's talking but I told you straight up front and I ain't your bitch,...

you can disagree with my premise that someone or someones may be trolling the trolls through our forums and threads at nukeworker.com,...

and I will still surmise it is plausible that a specific type of cyber chum is being used by OPs who come here for one thread memes which illicit the desired responses and ripostes and then never come to these boards again,.....

ever,....

even when the moderators bury their original threads in restricted forums, the OPs never come back to engage on other threads within the community forums,...

they're not "community" users, they (or maybe just one) are one time OP(s) who is/are firing for effect and then disappearing off the range,...

I postulate that is plausible, definitely possible, still unfathomed as to probability,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #30 on: Jul 09, 2019, 09:36 »
So GLW you are saying you've never seen anybody drink too much?  ever?  really?

I have seen many people drink too much,....

I was not aware that drinking too much warranted "facing up" with repercussions in your place of work,...

unless you are drinking (alcohol) at work or before work,...

I have seen people drink too much before reporting to work,...

I reported them and they were removed off-site,...

under FFD and CBOT it's my obligation to the safe conduct of the licensed facility to do so,...

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #31 on: Jul 09, 2019, 11:25 »
no,...

it's a medical thing,...

the thresholds for alcohol impairment are easily defined and easily measured,...

thresholds for THC impairment are neither easily defined or easily measured,...
itsa legal thing n they're are measurable limits.

https://www.codot.gov/safety/alcohol-and-impaired-driving/druggeddriving/marijuana-and-driving
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline ipregen

• Moderate User
« Reply #32 on: Jul 09, 2019, 11:39 »
Well it was interesting for a little while.
Just out of curiosity, who did you pay to get your FBI records? (asking for a friend)

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #33 on: Jul 09, 2019, 01:45 »

https://www.codot.gov/safety/alcohol-and-impaired-driving/druggeddriving/marijuana-and-driving

Wow!!!

So, part of the "trade-off" to have legalized marijuana in your state is that you must provide a blood sample (aka DNA database sample) upon demand,...

so, this was the very first item of the info link:

Q: How does marijuana affect my ability to drive?

A: You cannot judge your own level of impairment. Any amount of marijuana consumption puts you at risk of driving impaired.

and this was the second, just to set the tempo:

Q: Is there a legal limit for marijuana impairment while operating a vehicle?

A: Colorado law specifies that drivers with five nanograms of active tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in their whole blood can be prosecuted for driving under the influence (DUI). However, no matter the level of THC, law enforcement officers base arrests on observed impairment.

and as you read on you realize you cannot refuse without losing your driving privilege which is an administrative action and not subject to due process,...

I'm not liking Colorado,...

and I'm not liking the notion of having to provide blood samples to my employer on a for cause or random basis just to keep my job,....

breathalyzers and urinalysis are a nuisance, BUT they do not hurt and they do not puncture my skin with needles,...

I'm just saying,... :-\
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2019, 01:46 by GLW »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #34 on: Jul 09, 2019, 02:03 »

so you know I poked around a little bit and found this:

https://www.boulderweekly.com/features/weed-between-the-lines/how-will-i-know-if-irsquom-one-toke-over-the-line/

it's all a really interesting read except for the one obvious retort,...

"if it saves the life of one child, then of course a 5 nanogram limit is justified",...

after all, that's been the mantra of MADD for decades now,...

https://www.thecommunityguide.org/stories/lowering-legal-blood-alcohol-limits-saves-lives

Lowering Legal Blood Alcohol Limits Saves Lives

Alcohol-impaired driving accounts for one in every three motor vehicle crash deaths in the United States.1 The first blood alcohol concentration (BAC) law for drivers (0.15 percent) was introduced in Indiana in 1939. Twenty plus years later, in the 1960s, some states began lowering it to 0.10 percent. It was another 20 years, before the first state, Utah, lowered it to 0.08 percent. By the late 1990s, many other states began to combat preventable injuries and deaths caused by alcohol-impaired driving by lowering their legal limit for BAC from 0.10 to 0.08 g/dL. To address this public health priority, a team of experts conducted an assessment of existing evidence using the systematic review process presented in The Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide). The results of this assessment formed the basis for the independent Community Preventive Services Task Force (Task Force) recommendation that 0.08 percent BAC laws are effective in reducing alcohol-related motor vehicle fatalities. In the 2001 appropriations, Congress mandated that states adopt the stricter BAC limit of 0.08 percent by October 2003 or risk losing a portion of their highway funding. With this bill in place, the U.S. embarked on a road to save hundreds of lives each year.....

https://www.scramsystems.com/blog/2018/12/utah-first-state-lower-legal-bac-limit/

Will Stricter Standards Reduce Drunk Driving?

A few of the driving forces behind the legislative decision include support from the National Transportation Safety Board and National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, as well as academic research on the benefits of decreasing legal BAC limits.

One study, conducted by the University of Chicago and Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, found that alcohol-related driving fatalities were reduced by 10% between 1982 and 2014 after the U.S. had dropped the legal BAC from .10 to .08.

Additionally, the researchers found that lowering the legal BAC limit from .08 to .05 could reduce fatal alcohol-related crashes by 11%. Researchers estimate that if every state were to adopt the .05 limit, it could potentially save 1,790 lives a year.

Several other states have also considered the .05 legislation over the last few years, including New York, Delaware, Hawaii, and Washington. In Texas, which consistently sees the nation’s largest number of drunk driving deaths each year, a recent poll showed that 60% of people support lowering the legal BAC for operating a vehicle.....

soooooooooooooo,....

I reckon 5 nanograms (or less) is gonna be the rule, plus lots of blood tests,....

I hate you dope fiends, not because I hate dope but I sure do hate needles and before you guys came along with your legalize dope movement I didn't have to ponder giving blood on demand,....

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Jul 09, 2019, 04:06 »
Honestly....alot of people fill out these things and it specifically states do you ever abuse alcohol.  The question it is asking concerning the alky portion could be taken a thousand different ways.  Hence my point...this whole UA thing is murky at best. If you look up what alky abuse is, one time drinking too much fulfills many of the definitions.  I'm sure most of us didn't march straight down to the security office and tell the people there how you had a little too much last night.

TVA

« Reply #36 on: Jul 09, 2019, 06:52 »
Point is were you ever arrested for it

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #37 on: Jul 09, 2019, 06:55 »
That is NOT all the questionnaire says.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #38 on: Jul 09, 2019, 08:44 »
Point is were you ever arrested for it
oar failed a f.f.d. testing. unlike states witch publish there criteria fore pass/fail, I ain't never scene a criteria put fourth by a nuke licensee four pass/fail.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #39 on: Jul 10, 2019, 10:12 »

may bee sum info hear. butt, this is ware non-nuclear business is going.

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/2725db0632e9c63edc2040ba88984b7b
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2019, 10:13 by SloGlo »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?