Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Expungement/ Previous Drug Use  

Author Topic: Expungement/ Previous Drug Use  (Read 12578 times)

Offline Eng1588

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Expungement/ Previous Drug Use
« on: Jul 05, 2019, 12:05 »
Hello All,

I have been working in a position for over a year which now requires UA. Here is my issue: I had several charges over ten years ago. When I went to have my record expunged, my lawyer only found two charges which he was able to remove. I paid to have a local and FBI background run, and my record is clean.

I had two brief slips (a weekend) over four years ago, but have been clean ever since.

Will this prevent me from obtaining UA?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TVA

Re: Expungement/ Previous Drug Use
« Reply #1 on: Jul 05, 2019, 07:36 »
Plants are closing. You are a druggie. If you did it inside the industry you would be banned for life.
Expungement is meaningless. Access can still see it. You are obligated to disclose it..

Offline Eng1588

• Very Lite User
« Reply #3 on: Jul 06, 2019, 12:53 »
TVA, If you read my post, you would realize none of this happened in the industry.

Expungement isn’t meaningless because it is the reason I have my job.

I disclosed the information to my boss  after posting, and he said it wouldn’t be a problem.

I see you have no idea what you are talking about, and you’re trolling me. Why?
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2019, 12:55 by Eng1588 »

TVA

« Reply #4 on: Jul 06, 2019, 11:46 »
You asked and I am not trolling.
Drug use does not matter if you were in the industry or not. Fact is you have to come clean.
If they find out afterward and they will you are gone.
Your boss doesnt work in access. If so why ask here as you already have the answer.
I lost 2 guys to marijuana use and good riddance.
I know others might disagree but in my mind you are a worthless junkie who I prefer not be at a nuclear plant.
They can hire a guy with a perfectly clean record and should do so.

Offline Eng1588

• Very Lite User
« Reply #5 on: Jul 06, 2019, 12:23 »
TVA, there has been no issues with me for years.

Once I posted, I went ahead and talked to my boss. He sent me the procedure for nuclear security that is used when granting access. I do not violate any of the clauses.

Everything was disclosed, and there is no issue there.

The reason they want to keep me is because of the value I have brought to the company.

I have spoken with co-workers with similar issues that were granted access, and they have been working there for years.

Thanks for your opinion.

TVA

« Reply #6 on: Jul 06, 2019, 12:33 »
You have no idea how they interpret it.

Again if it is a done deal why ask here?

Are you saying your entire department is a bunch of junkies?

I can find dozens who are just as valuable and they are clean

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jul 06, 2019, 12:38 »
Plants are closing. You are a druggie. If you did it inside the industry you would be banned for life.
Expungement is meaningless. Access can still see it. You are obligated to disclose it..

You asked and I am not trolling.
Drug use does not matter if you were in the industry or not. Fact is you have to come clean.
If they find out afterward and they will you are gone.
Your boss doesnt work in access. If so why ask here as you already have the answer.
I lost 2 guys to marijuana use and good riddance.
I know others might disagree but in my mind you are a worthless junkie who I prefer not be at a nuclear plant.
They can hire a guy with a perfectly clean record and should do so.

But once again you are in violation of site rules.

4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

As for being a troll, if the shoe fits.

Troll:
Someone who deliberately pisses people off online to get a reaction.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2019, 12:47 »
Hmmmm...if I HAD to choose which one I would be.....Internet Troll or "Druggie".......I think I would pick Druggie.

TVA

« Reply #9 on: Jul 06, 2019, 01:12 »
Not deliberately pissing off anyone. Saying what I believe. I wouldnt trust the guy.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2019, 01:30 »
Not deliberately pissing off anyone. Saying what I believe. I wouldnt trust the guy.

He stated he has been clean for four years but you called him a druggie. Maybe the Pope would satisfy your moral standards but last I checked people are fallible. Many simply have not been caught and I worry about them more than the people I am aware of.

Maybe you need to reevaluate your social and communication skills for venues such as this site, if you are not intentionally trying to piss people off. I realize that customer service skills are not in high demand for a lot of operational positions but this is not a control room or construction site it is a public forum.

Offline Eng1588

• Very Lite User
« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2019, 01:36 »
Look, I get it. You don’t trust junkies. I don’t trust them either. Good thing I’m not one.

When I say I “slipped” for a weekend, it means I drank a beer. I drank twice in the past 12 years. I highly doubt they are worried about that.

I’m glad I don’t work for you, TVA😂
Where do you work so I know never to apply there?

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2019, 01:41 »
Maybe TVA doesn't know Beer has alcohol in it, which is a drug.

Offline Eng1588

• Very Lite User
« Reply #13 on: Jul 06, 2019, 01:58 »
Hamsamich, Hahahaha...

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #14 on: Jul 08, 2019, 06:17 »
Pay no attention to the idiot behind the curtain. He is a Troll that is not even smart enough to recognize it, yet claims he is the smartest person on the site. Correction... the smartest in the industry.

I think someone pees in his oatmeal every morning.
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2019, 06:45 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2019, 07:14 »
well - with as many threads and posts as there have been on these forums for many, many incredibly similar sets of circumstances why would anyone come to these boards with the OP's scenario (where he knows his history, he knows his worth, his employer has told him it's in the bag, etc, etc.) and ask a forum populated by OPS and RP types, "What are my chances?",...

almost no one who actually works in access control has ever answered these questions (save one poster who has not posted in years),....

the scenario similarities are eerie at best and conspiratorial at worst,...

and the answers and ripostes always follow the same trajectory,...

a nuclear engineer aka Eng1588?!?!?!

a nuclear engineer who does not do their homework on the forums before posting?!?!?

who posts a loaded question concerning UA to a bunch of non-rates who are not qualified to answer?!?!?!?

when the OP already has much more solid answers than anyone here can ever dream of giving the OP?!?!?!

who is trolling who?!?!?!?

I think it's the russians,...

they're trying to undermine our collegiality,...

I mean really?!?!?!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #16 on: Jul 08, 2019, 07:18 »
Hello All,

I have been working in a position for over a year which now requires UA. Here is my issue: I had several charges over ten years ago. When I went to have my record expunged, my lawyer only found two charges which he was able to remove. I paid to have a local and FBI background run, and my record is clean.

I had two brief slips (a weekend) over four years ago, but have been clean ever since.

Will this prevent me from obtaining UA?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

[2cents]

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2019, 07:18 by GLW »

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #17 on: Jul 08, 2019, 11:55 »
when the OP already has much more solid answers than anyone here can ever dream of giving the OP?!?!?!

Second opinion? There are recruiters and and people who have experience with the issue on this forum though it's true not most.

Participating on a forum with peers?

Because Nukeworker encourages helpful posters?

Maybe there was wine involved.

4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

I guess not attacking a poster would be a good way to "tolerate and support" for whatever reason.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #18 on: Jul 08, 2019, 01:19 »
Second opinion? There are recruiters and and people who have experience with the issue on this forum though it's true not most.

Participating on a forum with peers?

Because Nukeworker encourages helpful posters?

Maybe there was wine involved.

I guess not attacking a poster would be a good way to "tolerate and support" for whatever reason.

okay, it just seems this topic keeps coming up from unnamed posters, working at unnamed facilities, with nebulous previous issues which include a momentary backslide and employers saying it's all good, and time on on-site doing non UA activities and no poster ever seems to just ask the on-site UA access people anything along the lines of inquiry they are all too willing to discuss with complete strangers and then when pushed for details it's always "one more thing",.....

I mean it's not like any of these OPs can go back to access control and counter with "Well!!, the posters on nukeworker said you guys are full of crap and I have the right to UA!!!".

I'm just saying - way too many similar scenarios,..... :-\
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2019, 01:19 by GLW »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #19 on: Jul 08, 2019, 01:40 »
Honestly the UA stuff is a bit of a black box.....the courts tell you if you expunge something it is over and done....but then the nukes say no.....they are both supposedly groups in positions of authority.  Nothing is ever fully explained.  It is a bit of a murky swamp.  I've heard story after story of people locked out for what don't seem to be the greatest of reasons with little explanation and little recourse.  Asking some people who have been there done that makes sense to me.

TVA acts like he is a king sitting on his throne.  He get's up on his soapbox and smugly delivers these holier than thou messages.  It makes me sick.  Perfectly good people come here looking for answers so they can decide if they want to 1. get a job 2. keep a job 3. not even bother.   Not everyone who smoked a stick of mj is a serial killer.  Really it is hypocritical.  Plenty of people abuse alcohol in this business and none of them have to face up for that.  But somebody that smoked a tiny amount of mj and admitted to it or was caught doing it and it was recorded somehow are public enemy number one.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #20 on: Jul 08, 2019, 02:25 »
itsa political thing. problem two day is that pot is legal under state statutes in quite a few states. new clear plants have federal licenses and claim this puts usage solely under federal statutes, of witch marijuana wasn't made illegal until the 1960s. sew, four 50 years, nuke workers are under 2 sets of laws, wile most u s. workers are under 1 set. plenty of lawyers, perhaps a judge oar too, doesn't realize this when talking to potential clients.
n then their are trolls...
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #21 on: Jul 08, 2019, 02:45 »
okay, it just seems this topic keeps coming up from unnamed posters, working at unnamed facilities, with nebulous previous issues which include a momentary backslide and employers saying it's all good, and time on on-site doing non UA activities and no poster ever seems to just ask the on-site UA access people anything along the lines of inquiry they are all too willing to discuss with complete strangers and then when pushed for details it's always "one more thing",.....

I mean it's not like any of these OPs can go back to access control and counter with "Well!!, the posters on nukeworker said you guys are full of crap and I have the right to UA!!!".

I'm just saying - way too many similar scenarios,..... :-\

Are you arguing that bad conduct (allegedly) on one side justifies bad conduct on the other?

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #22 on: Jul 08, 2019, 02:58 »
   Are you arguing that bad conduct (allegedly) on one side justifies bad conduct on the other?

I'm not arguing,....

I'm postulating,...

I'm postulating the community may be getting trolled to draw out a particular crosspatch and elicit a desired outcome on the thread,...

I'm just saying,....

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #23 on: Jul 08, 2019, 03:04 »
.......... Plenty of people abuse alcohol in this business and none of them have to face up for that.......

only because when you had knowledge of on the job alcohol abuse you stayed silent,...

or, when you knew that they were not reporting what they should have reported you again stayed silent,...

tacit silence on the part of yourself is the only way you could know someone was abusing alcohol and not facing up for that,...

which does not help our community one bit,...

especially when we advertise the same on a public forum,...

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #24 on: Jul 08, 2019, 03:09 »
itsa political thing. problem two day is that pot is legal under state statutes in quite a few states. new clear plants have federal licenses and claim this puts usage solely under federal statutes, of witch marijuana wasn't made illegal until the 1960s. sew, four 50 years, nuke workers are under 2 sets of laws, wile most u s. workers are under 1 set. plenty of lawyers, perhaps a judge oar too, doesn't realize this when talking to potential clients.
n then their are trolls...

no,...

it's a medical thing,...

the thresholds for alcohol impairment are easily defined and easily measured,...

thresholds for THC impairment are neither easily defined or easily measured,...

in the absence of demonstrable and reproducible impairment thresholds,...

zero tolerance is the best legal answer,...

it's the law that gets you fired,...

as it should be,...

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?