Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu psych evaluation  

Author Topic: psych evaluation  (Read 824 times)

Offline itsyounotme

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
psych evaluation
« on: Aug 14, 2023, 11:59 »
if you have to meet with a psychologist for a psych evaluation, doesn’t it HAVE to be in person? Is it legally allowed according to regulations, to be on a computer over skype while using a landline phone to talk? ??? ???

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Re: psych evaluation
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2023, 01:20 »
   My experience is a little dated but here goes. The only time an exam was required was when the MMPI triggered it. You really don't fail the MMPI you fall outside the expected band. Telehealth is an upcoming exam mechanism for a wide variety of medical/mental issues, even for some prescriptions. Hopefully someone with more recent experience than mine will chime in.

Offline itsyounotme

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2023, 11:43 »
i had an evaluation with the plant psychologist and then the fill in exam. According to NRC regulations, a determination of fitness for duty, must be face to face and no electronic communication may be used. If this breaks NRC regulations i need to know so i can go about this the right way

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2023, 12:41 »
I did a little digging for you, and it appears that there is no requirement to do these evaluations. Buried in this link in the discussion is:

Although no regulations specifically require employee screening at nuclear power plants,
NRC published a statement in the Federal Register (42 FR 10836) on February
24, 1977, recommending that "....applicants and licensees continue to use the
employee screening guidance from the American National Standard, ANSI N18.17,
'Industrial Security for Nuclear Power Plants'."

https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/gen-comm/info-notices/1988/in88091.html

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?