Career Path > Getting in

Fossil Mechanic Tech

<< < (2/3) > >>

Marlin:

--- Quote from: TVA on Aug 07, 2019, 08:26 ---No one was disrespectful. Again I challenge anyone here to have greater numbers than the people I have helped from this board. Odds are I beat any 20 of you. When I was recovering from my stroke earlier this year I helped 20 people get jobs and I helped 4 new operators pass their GFES. That alone beats any 20 people here.

Saying that it is NUKEworker. I only help nukes.

--- End quote ---

So electricians, mechanics, other craft, and professional people that migrate from nuke to fossil don't belong here? You probably are responsible for driving as many away with your terse adversarial demeanor as you have helped. I would challenge your numbers for help on this site. You are a bit myopic and I have smited you many times for being unhelpful and violating site rules, you must count your beat downs of newbies as helping them. Your help to operations personnel is appreciated and in your wheelhouse but the industry is much larger than plant operations.

Yes you are frequently disrespectful and condescending which is unfortunate as you could have a lot more to offer. Never happen, BS, and other short terse responses where you have been wrong in areas not in your wheelhouse do not add to your credibility.

fiveeleven:
Dang ! Glad I decided not to post my response to the op directing his fossilistic inquiries to the Atomic Archaeologist. Crisis averted.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: Jrcain84 on Aug 08, 2019, 06:05 ---Guess no one is going to address my question(s). I figured someone would have the lowdown on Duke Energy's hiring process, whether that be Nuclear or not. If there was a forum for energy workers in general I would have used that, but this is the only forum I can find that might be able to help. Such great info here, but anything I've found (I have read on here for hours overall) here is old in regards to Duke's hiring process.

--- End quote ---

Could be that someone with pertinent info has not logged in, some posters only check in every few weeks.

Ksheed:
Congrats. If I had any info on Duke's hiring process I'd let you know. It wouldn't be much different fossil to nuke. In fact when it comes to maintenance the only difference between the two is paperwork. A pump is a pump, a breaker is a breaker, and pipe is mostly round.

Don't let The Great One (TVA) get to you. It wsn't that long ago he was working at a dirt burner yet still on here asking for help and stirring the pot. If I felt like wasting 20-30 minutes I could look it up and provide quotes, but proving what I know to be true isn't worth my time.

Good luck on the next step in the process. If they call you for an interview, be prepared for situational questions.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: Jrcain84 on Aug 20, 2019, 10:19 ---Just got an email that I have been selected for a 1 hour telephone interview next Monday. Praise the Lord! I didn't know they did telephone interviews for these types of positions. Wonder if it is because I am about 2.5 hours from the plant? I wonder how many were selected for the interview. So thankful to be moving forward.

--- End quote ---

Thanx for the feedback, good luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version