Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Russia: 2 dead, 4 injured by rocket explosion at navy nuke base honeypot

Author Topic: Russia: 2 dead, 4 injured by rocket explosion at navy nuke base  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Russia: 2 dead, 4 injured by rocket explosion at navy nuke base

"The ministry said there was no release of radioactivity or any toxic substances, but the local administration in Severodvinsk about 19 miles east from Nyonoksa reported a brief increase in radiation levels."

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/08/08/russia-2-dead-4-injured-by-rocket-explosion-at-navy-nuke-base/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NT%208-8-19&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Navy%20-%20Daily%20News%20Roundup

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Russia Admits Mysterious Missile Engine Explosion Involved A Nuclear 'Isotope Power Source'

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29356/russia-admits-mysterious-missile-engine-explosion-involved-nuclear-isotope-power-source

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
City officials in Severodvinsk, to the east of Nyonoksa, initially reported that there had been a brief spike in radiation based on readings of up to 20 millisieverts per hour from two sensors that are part of an automated civil defense system. Typical background radiation for the area is 0.11 millisieverts per hour.

Seriously... normal background is 0.11 mSv, or 11 mRem/hr? And it spiked to 20 mSv (2 Rem)/hr? They don't say how far away those sensors were, but the town looks at least a few miles away. Do the math on that and I am surprised anybody lived. That is a lot of 'leaked radiation' (I just love that term.) More highly informed journalism.

Or maybe living in 11 mRem/hr all of your life gives a great Hormesis dose and they were super resistant to radiation damage at the base. Or maybe I just need to go back to bed and get up on the right side this time, I'm not sure.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
.......Or maybe I just need to go back to bed and get up on the right side this time, I'm not sure.

yep, that's the better option,....

don't forget to get to Walgreen's before they sell out of iodine though!!!!!

really, who's tracking iodine sales in Severodvinsk, Russia?!?!?!?!

...There are reports that sales of iodine, which can help prevent radiation absorption in the body, surged after the incident, though there does not to be any confirmation that officials had actually ordered residents to take it....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Rocket mystery: What weapon was Russia testing in Arctic?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49319160

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Rocket mystery: What weapon was Russia testing in Arctic?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49319160

Chinese ones,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?