Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear energy too slow, too expensive to save climate: report

Author Topic: Nuclear energy too slow, too expensive to save climate: report  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
But But, the "experts" have known about his for 35 years!!!

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
Too slow? Maybe we should have done something a couple decades ago. Too expensive? How much is too much if the results mean the planet is not habitable?
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2019, 09:53 by Brett LaVigne »
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Too slow? Maybe we should have done something a couple decades ago. Too expensive? How much is too much if the results mean the planet is not habitable?

well, that is how you know that "12 years left" is science fiction and not science fact,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
well, that is how you know that "12 years left" is science fiction and not science fact,...

12 years? No probably not. But I do worry about my teenaged kid, her kids and what they may be facing.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
The Earth will save itself, with us or without us. The planet will remain "habitable", but probably less comfortable. Energy demand will increase. We will have to harness the heat in the air and water. The wind turbines will have to operate at higher wind speed. All living things will have to adapt or become extinct. I will cease to exist before all this happens.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
to slow... think of awl the plants knot built caws of anti nuke sentiment in the 70s n 80s.
two expensive... yew git watt yue pay four.

looking at acreage per megawatt... food oar electricity, choose carefully.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?