Career Path > Navy:Getting Out

Op-ed: Five sailors who served on the same sub now prosper at national labs

<< < (2/3) > >>

Marlin:
I found another link to a different source

https://www.businesstelegraph.co.uk/op-ed-five-sailors-who-served-on-the-same-sub-now-prosper-at-national-labs-navytimes-com/

hamsamich:
. [thanks]

fiveeleven:
Not being sure of which location to put this but.... I was wondering why no traffic from the USN affiliated members concerning the current situation with aircraft carrier, fixed wing, nuclear powered #71. Perhaps to sensitive at this time to weigh in, or to vast  to determine a starting point ?  I did notice after the SecNav issued his apology, that the CIC was contemplating involvement.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: fiveeleven on Apr 07, 2020, 03:48 ---Not being sure of which location to put this but.... I was wondering why no traffic from the USN affiliated members concerning the current situation with aircraft carrier, fixed wing, nuclear powered #71. Perhaps to sensitive at this time to weigh in, or to vast  to determine a starting point ?  I did notice after the SecNav issued his apology, that the CIC was contemplating involvement.

--- End quote ---

I see a lot on Facebook Vets pages but this is an OpSec not nuke issue and there seems to be a lot of blame to go around. Not to let a good discussion go to waste  8)  and since he was nuclear trained. The captains boss was just down the hall not sure why he had to ask for help in a letter with a broad broadcast that was vulnerable to leaking. He had the right idea but the wrong execution. I don't think he should have been relieved nor do I think the SecNav should have criticized him in public that is a violation of protocol for good of the order where officer discipline is typically done in private. I do hope Trump does step in it seems the Captain had a stellar career so far it would be a shame to end it because of information that the sailors spouses already knew and was probably already on the base grapevine. Mixed attitudes on the Facebook pages I frequent but seems a bit like a Shakespearean tragedy.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: Marlin on Apr 07, 2020, 05:57 ---I see a lot on Facebook Vets pages but this is an OpSec not nuke issue and there seems to be a lot of blame to go around. Not to let a good discussion go to waste  8)  and since he was nuclear trained. The captains boss was just down the hall not sure why he had to ask for help in a letter with a broad broadcast that was vulnerable to leaking. He had the right idea but the wrong execution. I don't think he should have been relieved nor do I think the SecNav should have criticized him in public that is a violation of protocol for good of the order where officer discipline is typically done in private. I do hope Trump does step in it seems the Captain had a stellar career so far it would be a shame to end it because of information that the sailors spouses already knew and was probably already on the base grapevine. Mixed attitudes on the Facebook pages I frequent but seems a bit like a Shakespearean tragedy.

--- End quote ---

Navy Secretary officially resigns, capping bizarre 24-hour Theodore Roosevelt fiasco

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/04/07/navy-secretary-resigns-capping-24-hour-theodore-roosevelt-fiasco/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Navy%20-%20Daily%20News%20Roundup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version