Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Op-ed: Five sailors who served on the same sub now prosper at national labs honeypot

Author Topic: Op-ed: Five sailors who served on the same sub now prosper at national labs  (Read 4472 times)

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Headline: NavyTimes apparently completely oblivious that NucNavy personnel are routinely hired by DOE/NNSA.  You can't swing a dead cat at a DOE site without hitting some NucNavy guy....
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2019, 04:49 by Mounder »

Offline shehane

• Moderate User
  • You never know, do you?
I have met 5 here at INL that were on the same submarine tenders as me while in the Navy during the 80s.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be! Dirk Gently

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
dead link now...Navy Recruiters complained...they don't want all the Navy Nukes to know how many jobs are out there for them!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
dead link now...Navy Recruiters complained...they don't want all the Navy Nukes to know how many jobs are out there for them!

Article seems to have been scrubbed off the site not just a broken link.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Not being sure of which location to put this but.... I was wondering why no traffic from the USN affiliated members concerning the current situation with aircraft carrier, fixed wing, nuclear powered #71. Perhaps to sensitive at this time to weigh in, or to vast  to determine a starting point ?  I did notice after the SecNav issued his apology, that the CIC was contemplating involvement.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Not being sure of which location to put this but.... I was wondering why no traffic from the USN affiliated members concerning the current situation with aircraft carrier, fixed wing, nuclear powered #71. Perhaps to sensitive at this time to weigh in, or to vast  to determine a starting point ?  I did notice after the SecNav issued his apology, that the CIC was contemplating involvement.

I see a lot on Facebook Vets pages but this is an OpSec not nuke issue and there seems to be a lot of blame to go around. Not to let a good discussion go to waste  8)  and since he was nuclear trained. The captains boss was just down the hall not sure why he had to ask for help in a letter with a broad broadcast that was vulnerable to leaking. He had the right idea but the wrong execution. I don't think he should have been relieved nor do I think the SecNav should have criticized him in public that is a violation of protocol for good of the order where officer discipline is typically done in private. I do hope Trump does step in it seems the Captain had a stellar career so far it would be a shame to end it because of information that the sailors spouses already knew and was probably already on the base grapevine. Mixed attitudes on the Facebook pages I frequent but seems a bit like a Shakespearean tragedy.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
I see a lot on Facebook Vets pages but this is an OpSec not nuke issue and there seems to be a lot of blame to go around. Not to let a good discussion go to waste  8)  and since he was nuclear trained. The captains boss was just down the hall not sure why he had to ask for help in a letter with a broad broadcast that was vulnerable to leaking. He had the right idea but the wrong execution. I don't think he should have been relieved nor do I think the SecNav should have criticized him in public that is a violation of protocol for good of the order where officer discipline is typically done in private. I do hope Trump does step in it seems the Captain had a stellar career so far it would be a shame to end it because of information that the sailors spouses already knew and was probably already on the base grapevine. Mixed attitudes on the Facebook pages I frequent but seems a bit like a Shakespearean tragedy.

Navy Secretary officially resigns, capping bizarre 24-hour Theodore Roosevelt fiasco

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/04/07/navy-secretary-resigns-capping-24-hour-theodore-roosevelt-fiasco/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=Editorial%20-%20Navy%20-%20Daily%20News%20Roundup

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Holy half-hitch Batman!! 2nd confirmed Navy casualty courtesy of Captain Covid!!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?