Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New techniques used in US legacy reactor decommissioning

Author Topic: New techniques used in US legacy reactor decommissioning  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
New? Maybe for DOE but not for commercial.

New techniques used in US legacy reactor decommissioning

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Innovative-approach-used-in-US-legacy-reactor-deco

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Re: New techniques used in US legacy reactor decommissioning
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2019, 01:38 »
New? Maybe for DOE but not for commercial.

New techniques used in US legacy reactor decommissioning

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/Articles/Innovative-approach-used-in-US-legacy-reactor-deco

we have had this conversation before,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Wojo

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2019, 01:50 »
We have been using diamond-wire saws in commercial decommissioning since Shoreham.  A tried and true Technology.  Just have a plan ready to collect the lubricant water and the molten kerf!
Lost my boots in transit, pile of smokin leather, nailed the retreads to my feet and prayed for better weather - J Garcia

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2019, 02:12 »
we have had this conversation before,...

On several subjects but "we" are not the only ones who read these posts (current news).

[coffee]

The DOE tends to treat anything outside their history as new. I participated in new technology trials for "Cool Suits" and gasoline cutting torches. Both already being used elsewhere but they were trying them out for specific DOE uses. I don't see anything new in the diamond cutters though looks a lot like what was done for steam generator replacements etc..

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2019, 03:54 »
We have been using diamond-wire saws in commercial decommissioning since Shoreham.  A tried and true Technology.  Just have a plan ready to collect the lubricant water and the molten kerf!

yeah, 'cause otherwise the RP Ops guys will cross-contaminate my RHX Cubicles with slurry and the whole stupid FSS has to be done again!!!!!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?