Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nuclear Utilities Exam?

Author Topic: Nuclear Utilities Exam?  (Read 11866 times)

alexio

Nuclear Utilities Exam?
« on: Feb 22, 2005, 08:34 »
I have been away from the commercial side of the business for about seven years I am headed back and this will be my first time to take the NU exam, can anyone tell me what to expect?

Thanks

radgal

Re: Nuclear Utilities Exam?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2005, 12:04 »
Its hard but not impossible to pass.  Were you at a DOE site?  Its a little different material  than the CORE exam (more geared to commercial) but I wouldn't say any harder than the Core.   Many sites would like you to have passed it prior to showing up or at least be ready to pass it the day you show up.  Your contract company should send you study material.  There are forums with NEU questions to help quiz you.  Just know detector theory, algebra, basic radiation physics and good radiological safety practices and you should be okay. 
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2005, 01:49 by Rad Gal »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2005, 10:48 »
Check out the study tab at the top of each page on this site and look at the HP/RP/RCT Study area and take the free practice exam. That will give you a good idea of what you are getting into.
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2005, 10:50 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2005, 10:54 »
Try the Quiz tab, its a short cut.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2005, 12:53 »
Sure, its a short cut, but I was trying to navigate him past the part that shows what is for sale... never know when someone will see something they want to buy from the site!
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2005, 01:10 »
Oooooooooohhh

radgal

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:09 »
RDTroja.... very salesman like of you.   Way to promote Nukeworker merchandise.  Kudos to you.
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2005, 03:10 by Rad Gal »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:13 »
If you refer to me as a salesman again I am going to smite you!  ;)

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

radgal

« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:31 »
Much apologies......sorry to offend.  I didn't know I was being bad.

So as to be on topic and not be smote for not doing that....

Good luck on the NUE exam alexio!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:35 »
BTW, the same stuff is for sale on the quiz page, you should check it out.  So the short cut is fine...

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2005, 07:13 »
BTW, the same stuff is for sale on the quiz page, you should check it out. So the short cut is fine...

Ok... so go ahead and shoot holes in my excuse for being ignorant of the fastest path. I thought I had done pretty well covering that one up.

RadGal... no real offense taken, just joking around. If I had to make a living out of sales I would starve... unless I was selling lines of bulls**t in which case I would be a millionaire.  ;D

-Marty Feldman

-Ronald Reagan

- Voltaire

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2005, 02:26 »
... unless I was selling lines of bulls**t in which case I would be a millionaire.  ;D

oh sure, 44 hundred starving fertilizer salesmen in this country, 'n yer makeen phun of dis stuff. ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

radgal

« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2005, 10:27 »
RDTroja I know you were so was I.  As far as salesmanship I could only sell things that sell themselves.  I don't have a good line of BS.  Wish I did, comes in handy at times.  I'm a terrible liar and a bad poker player.  I sliding off topic here.

Alexio did you find what you needed?

« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2005, 10:30 by Rad Gal »

alexio

« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2005, 09:14 »
Thanks everyone I appreciate it, Radgal you have been very helpful.  I am waiting on a job offer at Hanford since my core is still current and Hanford will be there for a while.

radgal

« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2005, 08:55 »
Cool I'll be sending you some more waste.   That is were some of the stuff we get rid of goes.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?