Career Path > Radiation Safety

Nuclear Utilities Exam?

(1/3) > >>

alexio:
I have been away from the commercial side of the business for about seven years I am headed back and this will be my first time to take the NU exam, can anyone tell me what to expect?

Thanks

radgal:
Its hard but not impossible to pass.  Were you at a DOE site?  Its a little different material  than the CORE exam (more geared to commercial) but I wouldn't say any harder than the Core.   Many sites would like you to have passed it prior to showing up or at least be ready to pass it the day you show up.  Your contract company should send you study material.  There are forums with NEU questions to help quiz you.  Just know detector theory, algebra, basic radiation physics and good radiological safety practices and you should be okay. 

RDTroja:
Check out the study tab at the top of each page on this site and look at the HP/RP/RCT Study area and take the free practice exam. That will give you a good idea of what you are getting into.

Rennhack:
Try the Quiz tab, its a short cut.

RDTroja:
Sure, its a short cut, but I was trying to navigate him past the part that shows what is for sale... never know when someone will see something they want to buy from the site!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version