Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu An ‘extraordinarily severe’ emergency: the radioactive leak at Harborview honeypot

Author Topic: An ‘extraordinarily severe’ emergency: the radioactive leak at Harborview  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
OK this is a little old from last last June but not as old as some of the NewsBot posts  ;)

An ‘extraordinarily severe’ emergency: the radioactive leak at Harborview

https://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2019/06/an-extraordinarily-severe-emergency-the-radioactive-leak-at-harborview/?fbclid=IwAR3rOX9zgPMZrY4yMorJNJG2fB7WpdluEpNC6MZlOV_MJn6exo9dN5Z7aHc

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
$$$$$$$$$, but whose $$$$$$$$$ are they?

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Glad I wasnt the shift tech for this one !! 2800Ci. of 137 = roughly 11,122R/hr at 11.81". Plus in a "talcum powder" form in the capsule -yikes. Once again, the RP gods were smiling down(and of course a stellar initial response) on the incident as it could have truly been a whole lot worse. I seem to recall a situation at a now defunct plant that due to perceived shipping woes - Pb bricks housing irradiated in-core flux detectors were to be cut to retrieve detectors and ship them. This tale wasnt conceived in a stuporous state of mind - it was reality. After much adoo about something being made by the RPTs who would cover the work - a more costly but way better solution was successfully performed. As once again demonstrated - it really doesnt matter how radiation interacts with matter until it matters, and then it matters a lot.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Good data in affore-mentioned event status. Sounds like the facility RP team performed well. Take into consideration all the local stuff and the off-site medical facility response ? Lots of ground needs to be covered and to have it roll smoothly along with an auto-scram and a non-license FFD - Just another day with the ion-pears.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Good data in affore-mentioned event status. Sounds like the facility RP team performed well. Take into consideration all the local stuff and the off-site medical facility response ? Lots of ground needs to be covered and to have it roll smoothly along with an auto-scram and a non-license FFD - Just another day with the ion-pears.

kinda sorta seems they may not have been aware that the capsule was breached as soon as the breach occurred,...

S - see not the spill!!!
W - was that a spill?!?
I - I don't know, wadda you think?!?!
M - my gawd, where'd this crap come from?!?!?!
S - SPILL!!!!!!!!

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
OK this is a little old from last last June but not as old as some of the NewsBot posts  ;)

I like my bots dumb, less chance of skynet happening.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?