Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Anxiety: What to do
honeypot

Author Topic: Anxiety: What to do  (Read 2428 times)

Offline nuclear_jedi91

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Anxiety: What to do
« on: Nov 18, 2019, 01:33 »
Hello all, I am new to this forum. I have been a nuke for nearly 6 years now and am getting out soon. For about the last 4 years I have been dealing with some pretty unpleasant anxiety. It started in prototype and has only gotten worse and worse over the last couple years. It constantly feels like I have 100lbs of force on my chest, just an overwhelming sense of unease all of the time. I am extremely fit, I eat well, I don't ever drink alcohol, and I get a normal amount of sleep. Over the last year I started having severe panic attacks both at work and out in public. My heart starts racing, I soak my clothing in sweat, my face flushes red, and my hands start shaking. From what I have read online it definitely seems like I have an anxiety order of some sort. The problem is I'm afraid to go to medical with this issue because my duty section is already strapped and I don't want to lose my TLD and screw them. And frankly, I'm kind of embarrassed that all of this is happening to me. That's why I've been living with this for so long. There's not a lot of info out there about nukes who have had these issues and I'm honestly just clueless as to how to go about this.

For those who have experienced similar things, I will elaborate on my symptoms. I have good days and bad days. I have paid close attention to external stressors that may be causing my anxiety but I promise you, it is totally random. Some days I wake up anxious as hell and can't calm down to save my life, and other days it is mild and I can barely tell it is there. Most days are miserable. I used to be extremely social and outgoing and loved being in social environments. Now I avoid them at all costs and I hate it. Silly things like going to the DMV or to the grocery store or going to get my haircut will trigger it almost every time. All of this makes me depressed, but I am confident the depression stems directly from the anxiety. Its like a constant downward spiral that I cant stop. Since all of this started happening I still attempt to go out and have fun with friends but the majority of the time I just stay at home by myself or with my girlfriend. Also, I have nothing stressing me out to warrant any of this. I have a great job which I enjoy, I am financially secure, I am close with my family and have a beautiful, loving girlfriend. All things that just don't add up to why all of this is happening to me. When it comes down to it my health is more important than the Navy to me so I want to seek help, I'm just unsure of how to go about it or what to expect when I do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Offline scotoma

• Heavy User
Re: Anxiety: What to do
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2019, 09:02 »
4 years is a long time todeal with anxiety. Go see a doctor, and she/he will help you with the issue.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?