Career Path > Coming Back

Sleep Apnea then Discharge

<< < (2/3) > >>

TVA:
I use a CPAP. Have never had an issue since using it.

This whole episode sounds as if facts are being shaded.

Marlin:

--- Quote from: TVA on Nov 25, 2019, 07:19 ---I use a CPAP. Have never had an issue since using it.

This whole episode sounds as if facts are being shaded.

--- End quote ---

I took it as a venting session while he waits on a determination on his recourse letter and concerns about options if the answer is no. He could be throwing shade but it could be that management got lazy and took the easy way out using a normally no never mind issue and used it to get rid of a perceived problem.

My  [2cents]

TVA:
I doubt it. They arent going to stress over a CPAP and the non sleep issues he brings up are wah wah wah

What can I do:

--- Quote from: Marlin on Nov 25, 2019, 06:50 ---I was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea almost 20 years ago. I was a site manager at the time and Mondays doing payroll was a struggle not because I felt tired but because it was a struggle to stay awake it was like something was trying to turn me off like a switch. My wife heard about sleep apnea from someone and talked me into doing the sleep tests. Glad she did, after a month of using it I finally felt tired not the tension to stay awake not sure how to explain it any other way. I started to dream again something I had not realized I had not done for a while.

--- End quote ---

This sounds exactly like I was going through. In fact, I’ve described it as flipping a switch to my doctor when I was asking her about sleep apnea. I don’t think there’s a better way to describe how sudden and unexpected it is. Also I have started dreaming since I started therapy. I don’t remember dreaming at all since I was a child.

I have something I want to ask you that I’ve talked to the sleep doctor about. They’re not sure what to do about it. Maybe two nights a week at random, I swallow air while using my BiPAP. It causes you to get bloated and distended I don’t think the pressure is too high, because it would be more frequent if it was. Any ideas?

What can I do:

--- Quote from: TVA on Nov 25, 2019, 06:05 ---1: You obviously cannot do the job. You should be terminated

2: Not an NRC concern.

3: I think you are shading the truth

--- End quote ---

As far as number one goes, I completely agree. If I am not able to do the job, then I should be terminated. However, they don’t know that to be a fact. I was unable to return to work after getting treatment. No one that has sleep apnea can work very well without treatment. I had a testing average of 96 while going through training untreated as well.

Number 2: Thank you. I wasn’t really sure. I thought that discrimination being a federal crime might be an issue for the NRC. I appreciate your clarification.

Number 3: I don’t know what more you expect me to say, but you have the right to your own opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version