Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Electrical journeyman question

Author Topic: Electrical journeyman question  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Sadawg04

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Electrical journeyman question
« on: Dec 17, 2019, 11:21 »
I’m 23 and currently work for southern nuclear as a electrical apprentice. In around 2 years I’ll become a journeyman. My question is does my journeyman status allow me to do other electrical work on the side (outside of work). I never went through an apprenticeship with a local union. I try googling but it’s hard to really find an answer. Thanks.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
Re: Electrical journeyman question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:00 »
That will depend on what you have in mind as far as side work and any licensing requirements in the area you plan to work in.  For example, if an area requires a license due to building codes then you might need to either test into that license or pass on the work.  If there aren't requirements then the main thing would be to not tackle anything above your skill level.  Are you receiving code training as part of your apprenticeship?
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?