Career Path > Nuclear Operator

Good career path for a Reactor Operator outside of nuclear

(1/4) > >>

NukePadawan:
With more and more plants closing, and hearing nothing but bad news about my plants fiscal solvency from upper management I have serious doubts that my plant will be open another decade. With overtime as an RO I make around $200K a year. Does anyone know of any career paths that my experience as an RO can be transferred to that has a similar pay rate? Any advice on how to prepare, (online courses, going sro, etc.) also would be appreciated.

TVA:
No. The skillset is not transferable.
You can get jobs at various types of power plants but they will not hire you due to your RO license

Rennhack:
1. Physician; Median base salary: $180,000 Not only is this the top-paying job in the U.S., but employment for medical doctors is projected to grow 14 percent from 2014 to 2024, twice as fast as the average for all occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
2. Lawyer; Median base salary: $144,500 While pay can vary depending on what type of law you practice, the median salary is high enough to make lawyer the second best-paying job in America.
3. R&D manager; Median base salary: $142,120
4. Software development manager; Median base salary: $132,000 The outlook for this job is bright; it’s expected to grow 17 percent from 2014 to 2024.
5. Pharmacy manager; Median base salary: $130,000 This managerial position usually requires years of experience in addition to a doctoral degree, which all pharmacists are required to have.

TVA:
None of those are transferable RO skills

TVA:
Become an SRO in the South

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version