Reference, Questions and Help > Polls

Ludlum Model 3000 Series ratemeters

(1/2) > >>

Radbuster:
Are these ratemeters an improvement over the old data loggers (2350s)?  They still seem user-unfriendly.

GLW:
yes

atomicarcheologist:
I never was a fan of the 2350, as I agree with the user unfriendly. This instrument encourages department straitification with worker bees gathering data and geeks disseminating it to reportable format. This could be advantageous for mega sites where you have a seperate shift for instrumentation, but precludes people from being aware of the big picture on consise sites.
That said, Ludlum doesn't update superfluously, so I would think this 3000 would be a beneficial update to the 2350.

GLW:

--- Quote from: Atomic Archeologist on Jan 10, 2020, 08:13 ---I never was a fan of the 2350, as I agree with the user unfriendly. This instrument encourages department straitification with worker bees gathering data and geeks disseminating it to reportable format. This could be advantageous for mega sites where you have a seperate shift for instrumentation, but precludes people from being aware of the big picture on consise sites.
That said, Eberline doesn't update superfluously, so I would think this 3000 would be a beneficial update to the 2350.

--- End quote ---

2350s and 3000s are not eberline,...

if you were looking at a 3000 (or an image of one) you might think it was an update of the eberline e-600,...

atomicarcheologist:

--- Quote from: GLW on Jan 10, 2020, 08:34 ---2350s and 3000s are not eberline,...

if you were looking at a 3000 (or an image of one) you might think it was an update of the eberline e-600,...

--- End quote ---

My bad. Thinking one company and keying in another. Thanks for the nudge, correction made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version