Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu coronavirus honeypot

Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 50291 times)

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #100 on: Mar 25, 2020, 12:21 »
"It's easy to not touch your face when you are wearing rubber gloves (and a respirator).  It's hard to not touch your face 24/7."

Rad folks do the shoulder to face rub....
« Last Edit: Mar 25, 2020, 12:22 by Mounder »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #102 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:49 »
"It's easy to not touch your face when you are wearing rubber gloves (and a respirator).  It's hard to not touch your face 24/7."

Rad folks do the shoulder to face rub....

it depends on where the cameras are, or are not,....

there's the "put clean skins on over the rubbers, then reach under the hood, grab the top of the coveralls and wipe the face with the upper inside portion of the coveralls",...

really, really way off any expectations,.....

and yet, it seems to work without any cross contaminations?!??!??

when down with deliberate, well executed, motions,...

but this could go on for a really long time and go WAY off topic,... :P ;) :) 8)

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #103 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:49 »
how is social distancing bean practiced at yore outage?
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #104 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:49 »
how is social distancing bean practiced at yore outage?

Well not me and not an outage but for BossLady at an NNSA site they are going to stagger shifts a bit to reduce traffic at the gates and they are spacing the lines coming and going to six foot. Internally they are practicing spacing as well and have reduced the number and size of meetings.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #105 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:33 »
Well not me and not an outage but for BossLady at an NNSA site they are going to stagger shifts a bit to reduce traffic at the gates and they are spacing the lines coming and going to six foot. Internally they are practicing spacing as well and have reduced the number and size of meetings.
that's grate!
outage planning dune the same? training using moor classrooms four c.t. and practicals?

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #106 on: Mar 26, 2020, 11:52 »
that's grate!
outage planning dune the same? training using moor classrooms four c.t. and practicals?

Y-12 does it's staff augmentation much different than a power plant and has a larger more diverse infrastructure footprint. They have a percentage of RP and other contractors for normal OPs to levelize manpower and keep a core of house personnel. Projects, and there are a lot of them, are staffed by the subcontractor but are treated the same as site staff from an access work standpoint. I suspect even with those differences the steps they are taking would apply to a power plant as well. I suspect each power plant would not handle it the same so I would simply ask your contractor who I am sure has that info from the utility. But the fundamental social/physical distancing would apply.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #107 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:33 »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #108 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:50 »
Nobel Prize winner shares some good news about the coronavirus pandemic

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nobel-prize-winner-shares-some-good-news-about-the-coronavirus-pandemic-2020-03-23?mod=family-finances

I guess the scientific community is starting to get on the same page. Maybe the news will catch up too.  Nahhhh. got to fill a 24 hour news cycle.

Epidemiologist Behind Highly-Cited Coronavirus Model Drastically Downgrades Projection

https://www.dailywire.com/news/epidemiologist-behind-highly-cited-coronavirus-model-admits-he-was-wrong-drastically-revises-model?ref=hvper.com
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2020, 08:51 by Marlin »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #109 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:32 »
any outage workers out their? hellow? you hoo....
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2020, 10:34 by SloGlo »

Offline Mounder

• Very Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #110 on: Mar 27, 2020, 10:44 »
"A higher rate of transmission than expected means that more people have the virus than previously expected; when the number of those with coronavirus is divided by the number of deaths, therefore, the mortality rate for the disease drops." "If her model is accurate, fewer than one in a thousand who’ve been infected with COVID-19 become sick enough to need hospitalization, leaving the vast majority with mild cases or free of symptoms."
All makes sense. Being 20x more contagious than the seasonal flu is holding accurate. Only the very sick getting testing (outside of NY) is defeating the tracking.  Millionaires (politicians, athletes and celebs) who can get the tests showing positive asymptomatic is proof.  The virus is likely everywhere and the lockdowns is stunting the magnitude.  Death rates are linear (no threshold!)   In 2021 they'll look at the small spike in the plotted numbers and that will be COVID-linked, regardless of the the cause reports.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2020, 10:45 by Mounder »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #111 on: Mar 27, 2020, 02:58 »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #112 on: Mar 27, 2020, 04:25 »
What Mounder said..Germany has been testing out the wazoo and found .4% about...and they say they still aren't testing everyone who has it by a long shot....

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #113 on: Mar 27, 2020, 05:40 »
The bottom line (IMO) is this is a Beta test for the current Politicians to see how much control they really have over their citizens...  The press does what they do best, sensationalize the news to help said politicians... (why is "Dirty Laundry" echoing in my head)…  Now if they can just disarm the citizens....  as it is now, you may need "papers" to travel...  all this sound familiar?  Germany in the 1930's?  USSR and it's satellite's in the 70's?  Your papers are not in order....  Already the result is that more citizens are getting addicted to Govt handouts... 

John Dalberg-Acton, 1st Baron Acton, 13th Marquess of Groppoli, (10 January 1834 – 19 June 1902), was an English Catholic historian, politician, and writer.

He is perhaps best known for the remark, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men...", which he made in a letter to an Anglican bishop

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #114 on: Mar 27, 2020, 06:54 »
wail, hail.
iffen it wuz gist control, it wood bee know moor than a pain inna arse. butt, it ain't. those hoo aren't prophylactic, are hitting sick.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #115 on: Mar 28, 2020, 12:04 »
    Herd immunity came into play when the discussion about whether or not immunization should be mandatory with no exceptions or to include exceptions due to religious or other objections in small communities (misinformed anti-vaxers).

Caught Between Herd Immunity And National Lockdown, Holland Hit Hard By Covid-19

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2020/03/27/caught-between-herd-immunity-and-national-lockdown-holland-hit-hard-by-covid-19/#27af598e3557

At one presser a reporter asked if there was an acceptable death rate (a gothcha question) the response was none. Of course the real issue is to reduce the total number of deaths. Not a new concept we experience that in the safety culture nuke or most other industries. The goal is no injury or death but at the same time we track the the inevitable injury/death rate to suppress the total. It is nice to see the CDC speak about it even if they do not call it that. Governor Cuomo hinted in one of his pressers that maybe he should have done things a little different I can't find that statement but my take was he was talking about the herd immunity affect.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #116 on: Mar 28, 2020, 03:06 »
Not pitching anything this is the reality of what government has to decide. At what point do we kill more people from unintended consequences than the virus. Poverty, depression, and crime rate have a lethality rate too among other unknowns. Living in a prosperous country lengthens you life span, desperation increases crime rate, and depression increases suicide rate. "The knowns, the known unknowns, and unknown unknowns".

Just happened upon this article.

Would a Long-Term COVID-19 Shutdown Be Detrimental to Public Health?

https://www.realclearhealth.com/articles/2020/03/27/would_a_long-term_covid-19_shutdown_be_detrimental_to_public_health_111006.html

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #117 on: Mar 28, 2020, 03:58 »
Not pitching anything this is the reality of what government has to decide. At what point do we kill more people from unintended consequences.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2020, 04:58 by Rennhack »
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #118 on: Mar 28, 2020, 05:56 »
Not pitching anything this is the reality of what government has to decide. At what point do we kill more people from unintended consequences.

Still not pitching anything it is just something to think about and apparently I am not the only one. I don't know the answer and I am just glad I don't have to make such decisions.

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #119 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:17 »
Not sure why my original reply was modified, but it was referencing the government of Japan's decision to unnecessarily evacuate the areas around Fukushima. That "unintended consequence" killed many more people than the damaged reactors possibly could have. 
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #120 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:43 »
Not sure why my original reply was modified, but it was referencing the government of Japan's decision to unnecessarily evacuate the areas around Fukushima. That "unintended consequence" killed many more people than the damaged reactors possibly could have. 

Very true and maybe the initial response to the corona virus has some of the same misinformed/biased bases on the decision process. I think it is much more complicated though as this is a steep learning curve for most of those in office or in the medical profession.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #121 on: Mar 28, 2020, 07:02 »
I think at a minimum 10 million people have it or have had it so far.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #122 on: Mar 28, 2020, 07:20 »
It's a bad time to be a 70 year old man.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #123 on: Mar 28, 2020, 08:02 »
https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/a-fiasco-in-the-making-as-the-coronavirus-pandemic-takes-hold-we-are-making-decisions-without-reliable-data/

here is an article that discusses things more reasonably taking more things into account...hard to find among the thousands of OMG we are all gonna die articles....

but yeah, I am worried about my parents.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #124 on: Mar 28, 2020, 08:23 »
This should clear a bit of the fog.

FDA Approves Major Breakthrough In Fight Against Coronavirus

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-fda-approves-major-breakthrough-in-fight-against-coronavirus/

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?