Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu coronavirus  

Author Topic: coronavirus  (Read 50328 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: coronavirus
« Reply #125 on: Mar 28, 2020, 11:13 »
   . I think it is much more complicated though as this is a steep learning curve for most of those in office or in the medical profession.
oar any profession. must bee why we haven't herd from n.p.p. re outage preps , precautions,  practices two bee inn affect.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #126 on: Mar 28, 2020, 11:14 »
Jesse Watters featured Dr. David Price of Weill Cornell Medical Center on "Watters' World" Saturday, where the New York City doctor gave advice on how people can prevent spreading the coronavirus.

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #127 on: Mar 29, 2020, 08:04 »

"oar any profession. must bee why we haven't herd from n.p.p. re outage preps , precautions,  practices two bee inn affect."
The information concerning outages can have a potential financial impact on the host company. This is why it always has been, and I'm sure more so now than ever, been considered proprietary information. Plant staff was always discouraged from putting out particulars to the local media when they call the RP desk or other strategical spots within, and especially posting stuff on social media. Think about the potential impact on the utility if word got out that the outage and subsequent restart will be delayed a few months due to Captain Covids wrath on the workforce. I'm sure that the facilities are putting out strict guidance on worker bees providing their 2 centavos to the nice lady from the local news, and especially posting on social media.The ant eye fission types would love to get their hooks into a breaking story that the nuclear industry will get wiped out by Captain Covid with this prediction based on a collage of outage updates provided by local workers. Stay the course - Captain Covid be damned.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2020, 08:35 by fiveeleven »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #128 on: Mar 29, 2020, 01:19 »
ore a positive release witch covers acceptable  epidemiologist's concerns wood bee a good thing four hour beloved media too sea in action. knot two mention, a "good news" article in this dark Kung Flu era we err inn.

bee caws, reporting the new clear bizness inna ultra p.r. fashionhas werked sew well, huh?
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2020, 02:33 by SloGlo »

Offline nowhereman

• Moderate User
« Reply #129 on: Mar 29, 2020, 07:38 »
Just a casual observation, noticing people outside of Npp's wiping surfaces do not practice 'good' decon methods and not practicing good cross contamination methods. Maybe a large contractor company guy. Hint(Eric B.) could coordinate some decon supervisors and utility company communication departments.  A possible joint venture for public service announcement videos for broadcast, a video from experts in the field. As much as health care professional try, a video reminder would help. The cost would be minimal compared to the cost of quarenteed individuals. Probably the only other issue would be the utilities desire to remain invisible. Just a thought.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #130 on: Mar 29, 2020, 09:19 »
Now for the US to follow.

France Officially Sanctions Drug After 78 Of 80 Patients Recover From COVID-19 Within Five Days

https://www.dailywire.com/news/france-officially-sanctions-drug-after-78-of-80-patients-recover-from-covid-19-within-five-days?%3Futm_source=twitter

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #131 on: Mar 29, 2020, 10:17 »
Just a casual observation, noticing people outside of Npp's wiping surfaces do not practice 'good' decon methods and not practicing good cross contamination methods.

First thing I noticed when I went to the grocery store and saw people "wiping" their carts down looking like they were hand sanding pieces of wood.
"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #132 on: Mar 30, 2020, 11:18 »
A bit of a double post which is frowned on for Nukeworker but it does provide a little continuety for this thread as well as puttng it in a thread of general interest.

SloGlo I flipped a coin on whether I should put this in your Outage thread or in the general news thread, news won.

Coronavirus could disrupt normal refueling practices for nuclear facilities as staffing concerns grow

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/29/chinese-markets-reopen-bats-dogs-cats/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2360&pnespid=i.g2u6VYXhON4AsmjP5mMJ.2f3rIaekuoyk6Q2Mx

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #133 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:56 »
More duplication for continouity

COVID-19 Threatens Outages Scheduled at 97% of U.S. Nuclear Plants in 2020

https://www.powermag.com/covid-19-threatens-outages-scheduled-at-97-of-u-s-nuclear-plants-in-2020/

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #134 on: Mar 30, 2020, 12:57 »
sum generic action witch have  bin put into place. shows a concern level four udder area of the outage workplace two.
https://www.utilitydive.com/news/coronavirus-could-disrupt-normal-refueling-practices-for-nuclear-facilities/574920/

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #135 on: Mar 30, 2020, 01:10 »
Not to start a political discussion that is for PolySci but I have heard this from more than one source. There must be unintended consequences to how the virus is being handled and misery from other factors of suppression of our economic system. Primarily right now most agree is "flatten" the virus curve and make the financial curve a "V" meaning a rapid recovery after a little more pain.

Trump: 'We can't let the cure be worse than the problem itself

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/488965-trump-hints-at-changes-to-restrictions-we-cant-let-the-cure-be-worse

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #136 on: Mar 30, 2020, 01:10 »
More duplication for continouity
COVID-19 Threatens Outages Scheduled at 97% of U.S. Nuclear Plants in 2020[/size]https://www.powermag.com/covid-19-threatens-outages-scheduled-at-97-of-u-s-nuclear-plants-in-2020/

good too sea the rest of the industry catching up two this thread, awl bee it sixty daze late 🙄
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2020, 01:13 by SloGlo »

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #137 on: Mar 30, 2020, 05:10 »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #138 on: Mar 31, 2020, 07:29 »
It did not take to long nice to see.

FDA Authorizes Use of Malaria Drugs for Coronavirus

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/fda-emergency-authorizes-malaria-drugs-for-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0WB5ZeI7VfUHoqIFYl_9KBeZpkOK_7yHPrOpeAH-5NxI3xGUfMgaSGLgo

What I don't understand is that we had a drug that had a long history of use and very few negative side effects and they still waited for 'proof' that it was effective before they let people try it to cure a different disease that people were dying from. Lots of people died that could have lived if they just said 'What the hell, lets try it... what is the worst that could happen?'

This should have been used immediately.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #139 on: Apr 01, 2020, 01:43 »
are there plans at any spring 2020 outage fore:
using dust mask type masks four work in close quarters, i.e. <=6 feat distancing?

supplying disinfectant gells (purell) four hands n arms post portal monitor usage?

supplying disinfectant gells (purel)four disinfectant disinfecting hands routinely thru the shift?

putting 6 foot markers awn floor four the lines of workers at the portal monitors?

supplying surgeons gloves fore hi traffic contact area?

« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2020, 06:52 by SloGlo »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #140 on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:49 »

markers every 6 feat four security xray n explosive monitoring?
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2020, 06:52 by SloGlo »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #141 on: Apr 01, 2020, 06:10 »
Toilet paper shipment goes up in flames in Texas truck crash

https://www.foxnews.com/us/toilet-paper-shipment-up-in-flames-texas-truck-crash

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #142 on: Apr 01, 2020, 06:56 »

computer training classes seating => 6 feat a part?
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2020, 06:57 by SloGlo »

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
« Reply #143 on: Apr 01, 2020, 10:04 »
Sow manee questchuns - sew fuse ants ears.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #144 on: Apr 02, 2020, 10:08 »

staging purell inside security p.a.f.s four workers too use after opening door?

putting up tented walk waze outside p.a.f.s for workers weighting to access in fowl weather?
« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2020, 10:08 by SloGlo »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #145 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:39 »

staging purell inside security p.a.f.s four workers too use after opening door?

putting up tented walk waze outside p.a.f.s for workers weighting to access in fowl weather?

really?!?!?

think about this, a COVID virus is smaller than an asbestos fiber,...

OSHA would never let you use the vaunted N95 mask as an approved respirator for asbestos work,...

we all jump through hoops to allow their use as a nuisance filter,...

all these masks, and gloves, and all else are visual band aids to make people "feel" better,...

their efficacy is nil,...

you do know that if you're in WalMart wearing an N95 mask and you can smell the lavendar scented powder emanating off the body of the 345 pound sweat hog standing in line in front of you that you are sucking in all the COVID virus that her effusive sweat glands are wafting into the atmosphere?!?!?!?

allowing untrained, unaware, inept "civilians" to utilize PPE to minimize virus cross-contamination is an exercise in "remain calm, all is well" smoke and mirrors BS,...

with the fear logic sneaking in on these boards we may as well just throw a bunch of PPE at a bunch of ditch diggers and then let 'em rip on that seal table!!!!!

what could go wrong?!?!?

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #146 on: Apr 02, 2020, 11:46 »
glw
did knot sea ware aye axed bout n95 four work apps.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
« Reply #147 on: Apr 02, 2020, 12:16 »
glw
did knot sea ware aye axed bout n95 four work apps.

well, I am pontificating a bit,...

[BH] [soap] [stir] :hole: :stupidme:

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #148 on: Apr 02, 2020, 12:30 »
I learned that the medical field is way more an "art" than the perfect science they want you to think it is.  Put on the white coat, grab some forceps and follow me...oh also name everything something really esoteric....

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #149 on: Apr 02, 2020, 12:56 »
I learned that the medical field is way more an "art" than the perfect science they want you to think it is.  Put on the white coat, grab some forceps and follow me...oh also name everything something really esoteric....
probly why the term h.p. was used...🙄
butt eye digress.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?