Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Advice for a Navy Nuke Hopeful?

Author Topic: Advice for a Navy Nuke Hopeful?  (Read 1937 times)

Offline natti

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Advice for a Navy Nuke Hopeful?
« on: Mar 20, 2020, 01:23 »
Hello everyone!

I am currently in DEP. My recruiters have given me some information about Navy Nukes, but there is much to be desired... It feels as there are big holes in the information they provided me with. Still, I am very interested in the program. I am set to take the NAPT tomorrow, and they told me to study for it (which, upon further investigation, I now know is frowned upon among Nukes) and... that's it.

Is there anything you guys wished you had known on your journey or any advice that you may share with me? I am not cowed about being a female in a predominately male environment, but I would appreciate not going in blind. An example of helpful information that I learned is that during basic training, if you are on your menstrual cycle during the swim tests, you are required to wear a tampon. The advice does not have to be specifically gender-related, I would appreciate any information you guys give me! :D

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: Advice for a Navy Nuke Hopeful?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2020, 06:44 »
As a nuke, your options for duty stations are pretty limited, as a female even more so. Most "good deals" won't apply to you. Once you're a nuke, there's pretty much no good way out (even going officer has additional requirements if you're not going nuke officer). Expect to spend a decent amount of time studying early on (probably 15-20 hours per week to start).

Offline natti

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2020, 12:35 »
As a nuke, your options for duty stations are pretty limited, as a female even more so. Most "good deals" won't apply to you. Once you're a nuke, there's pretty much no good way out (even going officer has additional requirements if you're not going nuke officer). Expect to spend a decent amount of time studying early on (probably 15-20 hours per week to start).

Thank you so much for replying! I passed my NAPT!

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2020, 07:33 »
Congratulations!!
Be prepared, the curriculum is intense and rapid fire. and you will have to stay on your toes. if your study habits are lacking now, you will need to adjust. what I mean is if you are used to skating through school, Nuke school will be an eye opening experience and you will have to learn to buckle down and learn new study habits (this was my experience).

Also the standard of integrity will be strongly drilled into you and will not be taken lightly. the easiest way to be removed from the program is integrity violations.
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2020, 09:30 »

Also the standard of integrity will be strongly drilled into you and will not be taken lightly. the easiest way to be removed from the program is integrity violations.

I had to give so many integrity seminars at prototype. I think in those 6 months every student gets at least three, plus the several they get at NNPTC.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?