Career Path > Nuclear Operator

Duke Energy AO interview

(1/1)

SecNuke:
I know this is a bit of a short timeline but I have an interview set in a couple of days for an interview via video conference as an Auxiliary Operator. I have searched the forums and other than being prepared for some STAR based questions, what other questions might I expect? I would especially be interested in hearing from anyone hired at Duke in the last couple of years. Thanks in advance

Ronbo51:
I interviewed with a different company and got hired on as an operator. They asked me STAR questions for the majority of the interview, and then  what I knew about the area/ why that specific plant, why that specific position, where I see myself in 5 years. I’d recommend focusing on having good answers for STAR questions and then researching the plant, area, and career progression for your potential position.

MMM:

--- Quote from: Ronbo51 on Apr 01, 2020, 10:54 ---I interviewed with a different company and got hired on as an operator. They asked me STAR questions for the majority of the interview, and then  what I knew about the area/ why that specific plant, why that specific position, where I see myself in 5 years. I’d recommend focusing on having good answers for STAR questions and then researching the plant, area, and career progression for your potential position.

--- End quote ---

And the answer to "where you see yourself in 5 years" should generally include something about earning a license.

jcw1109:
Did you ever hear back from the interview?

DUKSec:
SecNuke how did you interview go? Any details you could share?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version