Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Saliva test for cannabis could someday help identify impaired drivers honeypot

Author Topic: Saliva test for cannabis could someday help identify impaired drivers  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Could this impact FFD in the future if you live in a state where marijuana is a legal recreational drug this would allow testing for impairment which is not available now.

Saliva test for cannabis could someday help identify impaired drivers

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyprice/2020/03/31/this-cannabis-saliva-test-could-one-day-be-used-to-detect-impaired-driving/#40c92abc6e8a
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2020, 11:01 by Marlin »

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Could this impact FFD in the future if you live in a state where marijuana is a legal recreational drug this would allow testing for impairment which is not available now.

Saliva test for cannabis could someday help identify impaired drivers

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hisutton/2020/04/04/iranian-navy-building-new-submarines-and-a-6000-ton-destroyer/#5289ed1c7e9f

that size thing is onerous,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

that size thing is onerous,....

Not sure why it did this but I had started the post in Nuke News and decided it should be in FFD instead so I did a cut and paste. Live, learn, and proofread before and after post.

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
Not sure why it did this but I had started the post in Nuke News and decided it should be in FFD instead so I did a cut and paste. Live, learn, and proofread before and after post.

I mentioned this to Mike once upon a time,....

never have known why, it just does,....

been there, dun that,... the doormat to hell does not read "welcome", the doormat to hell reads "it's just business"

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
My question is what a cannabis saliva test has to do with an Iranian Submarine and Destroyer...
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline GLW

• Gold Member
  • caveo proditor,...
My question is what a cannabis saliva test has to do with an Iranian Submarine and Destroyer...

well, rumor is that if you imbibe in enough cannabis you will see iranian boats and tin cans,.....

even in arizona,....

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!

Dimit that is the second time this month I have done that. Fixed it in the original post and here it is as well. That was for a SubVets Facebook page I host. Live, Learn, (slowly apparently), and proof read before and after post.

This Cannabis Saliva Test Could One Day Be Used To Detect Impaired Driving

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyprice/2020/03/31/this-cannabis-saliva-test-could-one-day-be-used-to-detect-impaired-driving/#40c92abc6e8a

Offline fiveeleven

• Heavy User
Sew - as soon as a methodology for doing the bkg. subtract is established, full speed ahead. The 30day +/- 20% buildup factor will have to be accounted for, especially in legal states, if the constabulary is to truly determine if a person is operating under the influence. That with the SME live time, curbside analysis by the DRE(drug recognition expert) who took and extra week of class at the local technical college to attain said designation. With current events being where they are, and the full eclipse of civil chaos looming dangerously close, and with the ensuing governmental response , keep a watchful eye on all things within the civil liberties arena. Todays HP trivia - shielding buildup is just a fancy term for Comptons scattering within a high Z type shielding matrix - Pb would be the basis material.

Offline peteshonkwiler

• Radiological Ergonomist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Banned fromLinkedIn. Now on Twitter @PSloglo
Sew - as soon as a methodology for doing the bkg. subtract is established, full speed ahead. The 30day +/- 20% buildup factor will have to be accounted for, especially in legal states, if the constabulary is to truly determine if a person is operating under the influence. That with the SME live time, curbside analysis by the DRE(drug recognition expert) who took and extra week of class at the local technical college to attain said designation. With current events being where they are, and the full eclipse of civil chaos looming dangerously close, and with the ensuing governmental response , keep a watchful eye on all things within the civil liberties arena. Todays HP trivia - shielding buildup is just a fancy term for Comptons scattering within a high Z type shielding matrix - Pb would be the basis material.

Lipolysis is the legal beagle argument for the client.
Generally speaking, short term stress (as in being pulled over) or hunger (I'm just on my way to the Piggly Wiggly officer) will not reintroduce enough into the standard man model to affect the saliva strip test.
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2020, 08:42 by peteshonkwiler »
A REM is a REM is a REM
Yea, though I walk through the boundaries of containment, I shall fear no dose, for my meters are with me.  My counters, air sample filters, and smears, they comfort me.

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Still in the future but quick and easy would make it practical.

Researchers develop chemistry needed to create marijuana breathalyzer

https://phys.org/news/2020-05-chemistry-marijuana-breathalyzer.html

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?