Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu NUPOC Interviews Topics/Things to know honeypot

Author Topic: NUPOC Interviews Topics/Things to know  (Read 1467 times)

Offline iwall56

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
NUPOC Interviews Topics/Things to know
« on: Apr 06, 2020, 12:48 »
I am about to finish my Freshman year of college. I am a biochemistry major and I have A's in GenChem 1 & 2, Physics 2, and Calc 1. I have a B+ (only due to my professor refusing to round my grade 1/100 of a point) However, I will most likely have a C in Calc 2. That said, I am not strong with integrals that aren't basic. This leads tomy question, how complicated are the integrals given in interviews. This may be a dumb question but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else. Also, what are the major topics in physics that I should study. Obviously, its best to know everything but what topics are especially important to focus on.
Lastly, what are some things those who have been through the interview process wish they had known going in.
Thanks in advance.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: NUPOC Interviews Topics/Things to know
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2020, 05:10 »
While I can't answer your question, I can say don't blame your professor for getting a B+. I'd be willing to bet that you course syllabus will tell you 90.0% is an A-, so an 89.999999999% is still a B+. It works the same in nuclear power, except our test are pretty much pass (2.5/2.8 navy student/staff or 80% for commercial) or fail. That means as a navy nuke if your final score is anything less than passing, even if it's .0000001 point, you fail. I suggest you put a little more effort into your next class to get your grade up instead of blaming your professor for not rounding.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: NUPOC Interviews Topics/Things to know
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2020, 07:31 »
They scale the interviews based on your degree. Biochemistry is non-technical (as far as the Navy is concerned), so you'll be asked things on the order of derive the formula for the area of a circle.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?