Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu What resources to take advantage of before getting out?  

Author Topic: What resources to take advantage of before getting out?  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Astro

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
I am an ELT with 23 months left on my contract ( 6 and out). Ive heard of various certifications I can get through the Navy. My question here is what resources/qualifications/certifications should I take advantage of while I have the time? I am looking at potentially staying in the nuclear or power generation industry but, I am open to any career path.

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: What resources to take advantage of before getting out?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2020, 09:33 »
TA to get some credits towards a degree. Navy COOL for some civilian certifications (I don't know if you have the time left). Try to narrow down where you want to live and what you want to do, it will help your job search later.

Offline spekkio

• Very Heavy User
Re: What resources to take advantage of before getting out?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2020, 07:33 »
I am an ELT with 23 months left on my contract ( 6 and out). Ive heard of various certifications I can get through the Navy. My question here is what resources/qualifications/certifications should I take advantage of while I have the time? I am looking at potentially staying in the nuclear or power generation industry but, I am open to any career path.
Start prepping/taking your SATs and apply for college. The 9/11 GI bill is over a $100,000 value.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?