Career Path > Nuclear Operator

New SRO pay??

(1/2) > >>

Kmills16:
Wondering if anyone would be willing to share their salaries. I’m starting the interview process for SRO for a few companies in the South. I’m a prior nuke in the Navy so have experience. I have no idea where I’m looking at for salary and was hoping for some insight before i start this process. Anyone willing to give me some info on their salaries for plants down south? Thanks!

MMM:
As an NLO in VA, I get about $46/hr, our ROs get $55/hr (plus bonuses), I think our SROs make somewhere between $120k-140k/year (plus bonuses) but I'm not 100% sure.

TVA:

--- Quote from: Kmills16 on May 03, 2020, 09:28 ---Wondering if anyone would be willing to share their salaries. I’m starting the interview process for SRO for a few companies in the South. I’m a prior nuke in the Navy so have experience. I have no idea where I’m looking at for salary and was hoping for some insight before i start this process. Anyone willing to give me some info on their salaries for plants down south? Thanks!

--- End quote ---

You dont have one bit of experience. Your pay will be non negotiable.

hamsamich:
I remember Brunswick had some of the lowest pay in the industry back in the day...I think Duke is pretty low.  Southern is quite a bit higher than duke I believe.  Sorry I don't have numbers for you.  Entergy South probably has the highest pay down south...but FPL/Next Era is all over the place with pay.  Wish I could give you more....Down South it is pretty competitive every one is going there when Northern plants close..I wouldn't expect much budge room unless you have one he11 of a resume.  If you are going to grande gulf you might be able to score some extra cash since one of the interviewers is very narrow minded and somewhat dense..

MMM:
Here:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/senior-reactor-operator-salary-SRCH_KO0,23.htm

The number gets a bit skewed because test reactors at colleges seem to pay significantly less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version