Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu New SRO pay??

Author Topic: New SRO pay??  (Read 4616 times)

Offline Kmills16

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
New SRO pay??
« on: May 03, 2020, 09:28 »
Wondering if anyone would be willing to share their salaries. I’m starting the interview process for SRO for a few companies in the South. I’m a prior nuke in the Navy so have experience. I have no idea where I’m looking at for salary and was hoping for some insight before i start this process. Anyone willing to give me some info on their salaries for plants down south? Thanks!

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
Re: New SRO pay??
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 10:00 »
As an NLO in VA, I get about $46/hr, our ROs get $55/hr (plus bonuses), I think our SROs make somewhere between $120k-140k/year (plus bonuses) but I'm not 100% sure.

TVA

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 03:11 »
Wondering if anyone would be willing to share their salaries. I’m starting the interview process for SRO for a few companies in the South. I’m a prior nuke in the Navy so have experience. I have no idea where I’m looking at for salary and was hoping for some insight before i start this process. Anyone willing to give me some info on their salaries for plants down south? Thanks!

You dont have one bit of experience. Your pay will be non negotiable.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 10:06 »
I remember Brunswick had some of the lowest pay in the industry back in the day...I think Duke is pretty low.  Southern is quite a bit higher than duke I believe.  Sorry I don't have numbers for you.  Entergy South probably has the highest pay down south...but FPL/Next Era is all over the place with pay.  Wish I could give you more....Down South it is pretty competitive every one is going there when Northern plants close..I wouldn't expect much budge room unless you have one he11 of a resume.  If you are going to grande gulf you might be able to score some extra cash since one of the interviewers is very narrow minded and somewhat dense..

Offline MMM

• Very Heavy User
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 01:09 »
Here:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/senior-reactor-operator-salary-SRCH_KO0,23.htm

The number gets a bit skewed because test reactors at colleges seem to pay significantly less.

Offline EntergySRO

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2020, 01:52 »
Current new hires going into license class as Instant SRO candidates with Entergy South are coming in between $115k-$120k plus an annual performance bonus. This salary and associated bonuses increases significantly after being licensed.

Offline scurrilous

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2020, 04:06 »
Every company I've heard of has a pretty small range for instants. They'll probably give everyone the same offer, potentially slightly more for experience. Some places give an inactive license bonus if you were previously licensed, which wouldn't apply for you. But I wouldn't expect much in the way of negotiating.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?