Facility & Company Information > Bartlett

BHI & 'The Nuclear Promise'...as it applies to contractor training

(1/4) > >>

UncaBuffalo:
So...I showed up at an outage this spring and ran afoul of the plant's new COVID protocol - sent off-site for about a week. One of the BHI supervisors told me that the only way I could still have a job is if I completed all the training on my own time while at the hotel. He said that doing training unpaid is common practice since 'The Nuclear Promise'?

Is anyone else being forced to complete training on their own time? How would this not be a violation of basic labor laws?

SloGlo:
d n z does the same thing, four the basic training aka the c.i.r.p.stuff.   this is akin two going to school awn yore own dime. site specifics, like procedures, are dun bye computer lab and are payed fore.
nuclear promise and c.i.r.p. are a deal ware yew pass n never haftar take the test again.
until sum body knead two make a buck offe teaching stuff again.

hamsamich:
it would of been nice if they told you all that before you showed up........that's the problem.

scotoma:
Each state has their own labor laws. I have noticed that there are several job postings that have training as a requiement for employment. Ask the questions up front, so you don't get a surprise.

SloGlo:

--- Quote from: hamsamich on Jun 07, 2020, 10:06 ---it would of been nice if they told you all that before you showed up........that's the problem.

--- End quote ---
Gotta learn two ask the rite questions too get the answers yew knead.

Coda payed attention to da postings a few years back awn this stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version